What aftermarket car radio has the least compatibility problems?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a 04 Chevy Colorado with a factory radio that I am looking to replace. It's a typical double din gm unit, so, if possible, I want to get a double din radio. I want something that makes phone calls through Bluetooth and can also stream the music from the phone. If I could stream music it through it as well would be great too. I looked at some of the app radios but most of the time I don't need all the functionality they offer, and sometimes that functionality isn't compatible with every android device. I looked at the Alpine CDE-W235BT which seems to be the perfect radio for me, however, owners of a galaxy S3 seem to have issues with Bluetooth music streaming or Bluetooth only connecting half the time. I really want the phone function to work well and reliably and don't want to have to try to connect the two every time I get back into my truck. As far as the Bluetooth streaming for music goes, if it doesn't work reliably, I'd just pop a flash drive in to play music.

Can you connect the phone using the headphone jack into the aux jack, and if so, will streaming from an app work that way? Will that influence the phone function? This is the problem with car stereos, if you don't know how to install them, they are not easy to return.

Thanks for any input.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

sthelinag

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the JVC KW-NT50HDT. I never have any problems streaming audio thru the Bluetooth on it, but I have had problems with calls on the Bluetooth with both my Note 2 and my Galaxy Nexus. My aux jack on this one is in the back, but I have used the phone thru the aux jack on others with absolutely no issues.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. You wonder why it's so difficult for them to make car radios that work with all phones. After all, isn't Bluetooth a standard? My phone works well our 2012 Toyota camry, so why do companies that have been in the car audio business for all those years have such a hard time with this!

I might push my luck and buy that thing and hope for the best. After all, none of the people that reviewed it on the Crutchfield website had a note 2.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums