strange notificaction sounds

dougm1970

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
every now and then i get a notification sound...but when i look at the phone there is nothing showing..no text, missed call, drop down shows nothing.....how can i track down whats causing the sound ?

android chick

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi i want to ask if you were an owner of a note 1...because i really want to know which is really better because i just bought a note 1

samsung galaxy note GT-n7000

dougm1970

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
probably the wrong person to ask...silly as that sounds.....as i've been pausing so much getting used to the android os and getting myself out of ios habits.

it feels natural enough after a while despite its size...i have the wrong cover though, its one of the wallet types, want to get a back only cover and good screen protection, so i dont have to keep opening an awkward wallet cover all the time.....it's performing fast, no issues there.

android chick

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a white flip case and i hate it...i am a female and i want to get the normal ones and i have to get a screen protector too...they are so expensive in trinidad...but i love my note 2...lol:thumbup:

samsung galaxy note GT-n7000 using Android Central Forums

android chick

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Blackberry too...but i had 2 s3 then blackberry and now a note1....switch back to android for good

samsung galaxy note GT-n7000 using Android Central Forums

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Doug, you should disable notifications one at a time and find the one causing the issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

padre1357

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
just a thought, is there an alert sound for switching between roaming and non roaming? my htc evo has that ability. idk if the note does, I dont have one yet :(. hopefully getting one tonight after work :)

gelly32

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Check settings-more settings-NFC. If it is switched on then it makes notification sound when near a credit card with chip. (bugged me for ages until I realised it only sounded when I put my phone on my wallet - Doh!)