Unlock/Home Screen Orientation

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I notice sometimes that when I turn on my GN2 that the unlock screen is actually in landscape for just a few seconds and then it switches back to normal orientation. I have the system set to automatically adjust orientation but it doesn't allow the unlock screen to stay in landscape when I have it on it's side. Is there another setting I need to invoke to allow the inlock screen to stay landscape when I have it on it's side

Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't like it, but the Note 2 doesn't allow the lockscreen or the Home Screens to be in Landscape mode (dumb IMHO). You can root and modify that, of course, or use a different launches/lockscreen that allows it. (Go Launcher + Widget Locker was what I used in my old GSII)

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I see it too sometimes when I turn on my screen. I wish it was like that all the time but I refuse to use a third party app to modify my OS framework. Things like Widget Locker don't actually change the lockscreen, they simply add a second one. It's a pain and sloppy, and at the end of the day wasted resources for nothing really new. Not trying to hate on it, I bought it years ago on my Droid X but once I realized what it actually did I just refused to use it anymore.

I use Nova Launcher Prime and even though it allows for Landscape, it just doesn't look that good. You can see that it never really was intended to work that way given the way widgets stretch and it just looks horrible.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
WidgetLocker (or any third party lockscreen or launcher) is, indeed, a separate app. BUT, as long as you ALSO disable the stock lockscreen (which you can do from WidgetLocker), these are resources that are not being used. Same thing goes for a third-party launcher; as long as you don't use two launchers, the stock one is always disabled and not using any resources at all (This is, however, trickier with launchers since stock ones tend to self-load and re-load themselves for certain portions of the system relying on them...you can see the bunch of background processes that begin with "TW" if you look into that sort of thing)

That being said, I kinda like how TouchWiz looks and feels and works overall so I, too, don't use WidgetLocker anymore (and GoLauncher is just sitting there, unused).