WI-FI wont shut down

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You must not be aware of what a rogue app is. A rogue app is an app that does anything against what the user wishes. Its not a malicious app or anything. If you tell it to close and instead it runs in the background then it "rogue" simply because it does something you do not want it too

Sent via Tapatalk

Yes I am aware of what a rogue app is, they have been around for years, in all mediums.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Well its fun but i gotta take the kids bowling now with my perfect phone with excellent battery life, btw ill be leaving wifi on because it doesnt effect battery life to any extent that actually matters.

Sent via Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well its fun but i gotta take the kids bowling now with my perfect phone with excellent battery life, btw ill be leaving wifi on because it doesnt effect battery life to any extent that actually matters.

Sent via Tapatalk

Hmmm..that post looks like a kid got ahold of the phone, since it was the maturity level of a kid.

I'll never understand why people on this board get upset when others are experiencing an issue that they aren't and people try to help the person experiencing the issue.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm..that post looks like a kid got ahold of the phone, since it was the maturity level of a kid.

I'll never understand why people on this board get upset when others are experiencing an issue that they aren't and people try to help the person experiencing the issue.

Nah im just bowing out to an "expert" in all things android

Sent via Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Nah im just bowing out to an "expert" in all things android

Sent via Tapatalk

Never said I was an expert in Android. Again, a childish post. If you aren't wanting to help this person and you aren't having an issue, why keep posting in this thread? Seriously, back off, it's getting very, very old now.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Never said I was an expert in Android. Again, a childish post. If you aren't wanting to help this person and you aren't having an issue, why keep posting in this thread? Seriously, back off, it's getting very, very old now.

Kelly...just went to advanced in wifi. Its set for always. Can you explain to me whats going on with it. Im also getting alot of no connection warnings as well.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

Lol

Sent via Tapatalk

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

That just means that your wifi is always on even while your screen is off. You can turn it to never and if you do you will occasionally notice that when you turn your screen on you will be notified that you have just connected to your wifi.

Always on...does use more data but it doesnt matter cuz you shouldnt have a limit for wifi data usage.

Sent via Tapatalk

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Your picture shows that you are indeed conncted to wifi. Who is your isp? I hace the same issue sometines and its always because my internet connection has dropped. Stupid att dsl signal strength out in the country is bogus.

Sent via Tapatalk

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Your picture shows that you are indeed conncted to wifi. Who is your isp? I hace the same issue sometines and its always because my internet connection has dropped. Stupid att dsl signal strength out in the country is bogus.

Sent via Tapatalk
Roadrunner

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
What are your settings here? Mine is set so if I'm connected and not doing anything, then my Wi-Fi will sleep. It connects back right away when I wake my phone up.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361116060443.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361116060443.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 8

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I know there are dozens of threads like this in this forum, in xda etc.believe me i have read them all, and i mean each and every one of them before opening this thread.

Couple of days ago, i had this sudden urge that i had to root my new Note 2.Coming from ios, i was familiar with jailbroken, rooted devices and i thought it would be a good idea to crack my note 2.

I was very wrong though, not only have i realized rooting was completely unnecessary for me, i messed up a perfectly functioning system.

It is my wifi that is pissing me off. I turned off everything from the phone settings that could possibly keep the phone awake at sleep mode. It just wont shut down and i don't have a clue on whats causing this. I have got some secreenies showing system activity, and an activity chart, funny thing is i cant read this chart aswell coz i am an idiot,

I hope you guys can help me..

Thanks alot

View attachment 60479View attachment 60480View attachment 60481

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk 2

Ok, one thing I think I missed..who is your service with?

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-17-08-09-39.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-17-08-09-39.png
    145.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_2013-02-17-08-09-39.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-17-08-09-39.png
    145.5 KB · Views: 7

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, had someone asked you, don't remember..have you disabled AT&T Smart Wi-Fi? It causes all kinds of Wi-Fi issues.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have that listed, but no app for it. You didn't used to need that for connecting to AT&T hotspots before, do you now? It says it keeps the phone from sleeping and also modifies the settings. I can connect my laptop to an AT&T hotspotat McDonald's.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361137885313.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361137885313.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch