ford302boost

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey all im new to this forum, yay haha. I just got a new Galaxy Note 2 for sprint. I want to know if the Otterbox Defender is a good case for the phone, i need a case. Also i've seen some galaxy s3 with real tree camo, does the note 2 Otterbox have it yet, all i've seen is black and white defender cases. Also what about the new Otterbox Armor series they have, a buddy of mine is getting one for his Galaxy s3, will they make it for the huge Note 2? Thanks all!:cool:

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I think the otterbox defender is a great case, i have it on my note 2 and there are no negatives to this case other than the size if your one to care of the size. And im hoping they make the armor series case for the n2 cause i could really use one. It rains alot her so having it would be awesome :D

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

EatMyTracers

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the defender and I would not recommend it for daily use with how big it is. If you do use it for daily use then definitely punch out the screen protecter it comes with and use your own.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Manuel La Bor

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
For protection its pretty great, it doubles the weight of the phone and adds a few mm's around each edge so it can be a bit unwieldy at times.

The only major negative to me is that the in built screen protector doesn't sit flush with the screen down by the home button cutout, so daily cleanings are a must because of all the dust/pocketlint/cat hair that gets underneath it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Im sold on otterbox. . To me it doesnt add too much for the protection u get. The fact the otterbox is gray n white instead of black keeps it looking good lol.

Besides the daily cleaning mentioned, the otterbox for the note 2 fits great and the outer rubber doeant feel loose like it did on my razr maxx

speed4tu

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the otterbox commuter and it works great for me. Protects with a little bit of width to make the phone feel better in my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the otterbox commuter and it works great for me. Protects with a little bit of width to make the phone feel better in my opinion.
I'm hearing a lot of good things about the Commuter on the Note 2 that makes me think it might even be better than the Defender for most people. Personally, I like the Case Mate Tough case better than either of them. The new UAG looks pretty good as well.
Everyone is going to have a different opinion, I suggest deciding what features you want first and then looking to see which of the good quality cases match that list best.

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I also have the otterbox commuter case and I love it it doesn't add to much bulk to me it feels good in the hand

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I love my defender case, the only issue that I have is that lint and stuff will get in under the screen protector. Also two days ago while I was walking from my campus library to my class it was drizzling a little and a drop hit just the thr left of the ear piece and got under the screen, as soon as I got to class I took my xase off to clean. Other than that its a great case. Im hoping that they will make the Armor case for the note 2, even though it will be $99 I might pick one up because of its protection. Or get a real tree camo case if thay happens.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

ddavis1408

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I bought a defender case and love it but I also punched out the screen protector and put on a zagg hd protector. Much better now!

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I bought a defender case and love it but I also punched out the screen protector and put on a zagg hd protector. Much better now!

Is the zagg hd worth getting? Ive heard and seen that its not as scratch resistant like the original style zagg. But it looks sharper and feels like glass.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

ddavis1408

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I like it. Crystal clear. I wanted something that makes this display even better. Thought about getting the smuge proof one but not very clear. It's worked for me. It protects the screen and if it scratches they replace it.

jhinson52

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the Defendr on my Note 2 and I love it. THe size is just right for me since I have large hands. I also punched out the stock screen protector, but instead of a Zagg I had a Ghost Armor protector put on. Awesome combo! You can barely tell there is anything on the screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laogui32