Cases, cases and more cases!!

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
My favorite UAG case was for my note 8, in Citron. Can't get that color anymore. And my note 8 had a great Tech 21 case, the Evo Wallet. I loved how thin it was. Wallets are something which is OK, but sometimes it is nice to have a thin one.
Yes, agreed. I didn't stay w\UAG on my 2017 S7A, but went instead with a really nice thin case, by 'J&D' on amaz. And the phone fit into pockets much better, including the right leg side-pocket slots of Wrangler carpenters jeans &c. But couldn't find any cases offered by them this time; looks like they shifted to audiophile equipment.

Screenshot_20231007_124832_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

BEaRebel

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Yikes! How long have you had it? Mine is still clear-clear, but I've only had it a month or so.
I KNOW ! @waqqas31 Purchased before I got SG23U - Feb 2023. Even put in 4 mil plastic bag when on the boat (^0^).
We do have strange conditions here living near (salt)water, but I cannot imagine what in the world would make this happen.

At least it's "Amber" / not Yellow !

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking of getting the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro but can't decide if I want a thick case. I already have 4 cases and depending on the trade in deals when the S24 ultra comes out, I may or may not upgrade. I'm leaning towards not because I literally just got this phone a couple of months ago. But if I can upgrade without paying anything more, then I will.

But does anyone else have this case? Does wireless charge work with it? Does it make the phone too heavy and bulky? I find myself switching out cases about once a week depending on whether I want more protection or a slim case. I have 2 that are my favorites. The UAG Kevlar and the Ringke Fusion. I would like to have a case with a kickstand though. I bought a cheap rugged case with one from China but it is far too slippery with too much hard plastic on the outside.
5ca3d5b7d5ed811cc45df8d82b71fa03.jpg

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I got both the Peak Design and MagBak magsafe cases for the S23 ultra. Both are great cases strong magnets and the pen works with both (without attachments).

The MagBak is a bit thicker and silicone based. But great case overall

The Peak Design will be my new permanent case. It feels so nice in the hands slimmer profile and looks really nice. It has a fabric kind of material on the back.

Note that both cases have small USB C cutouts, so thick ports may not fit. My USB C cable which displays charging wattage was too big for both.
View attachment 352916
How's the Peak Design case working out for you?

remak123

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
I am thinking of getting the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro but can't decide if I want a thick case. I already have 4 cases and depending on the trade in deals when the S24 ultra comes out, I may or may not upgrade. I'm leaning towards not because I literally just got this phone a couple of months ago. But if I can upgrade without paying anything more, then I will.

But does anyone else have this case? Does wireless charge work with it? Does it make the phone too heavy and bulky? I find myself switching out cases about once a week depending on whether I want more protection or a slim case. I have 2 that are my favorites. The UAG Kevlar and the Ringke Fusion. I would like to have a case with a kickstand though. I bought a cheap rugged case with one from China but it is far too slippery with too much hard plastic on the outside.

I have
Q1 Yes, no problem
Q2 No.
This is very good product.

Reactions: Joshua Luther1

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

I have bought the Unicorn Beetle Pro for my last three devices.

• It's bulky to me but I'm only 5'3" & 107lbs. I'd love a slimmer case, but as I mentioned earlier in this thread, my parrot tosses my phone to the ground any opportunity she gets. Also, I really rely on it's protection when I camp & hike.

• It's a bit of work to get the cover off & on. Part of the protection I assume. I only remove it maybe twice a year to clean the phone.

• Wireless charging works fine on my Samsung wireless charging pad.

The UBPro has been a very protective case & I'm sure it has saved my devices from several damaging incendents. I appreciate that & that's why I continue to buy it. But the bulk is tiring. Getting that brick into & out of my yoga pants pocket is a chore. I have a true love/hate relationship with it. Hopefully, you like the red. I bought it & thought it looked cheap. I got rid of it & bought the black.... again.
😀

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I have bought the Unicorn Beetle Pro for my last three devices.

• It's bulky to me but I'm only 5'3" & 107lbs. I'd love a slimmer case, but as I mentioned earlier in this thread, my parrot tosses my phone to the ground any opportunity she gets. Also, I really rely on it's protection when I camp & hike.

• It's a bit of work to get the cover off & on. Part of the protection I assume. I only remove it maybe twice a year to clean the phone.

• Wireless charging works fine on my Samsung wireless charging pad.

The UBPro has been a very protective case & I'm sure it has saved my devices from several damaging incendents. I appreciate that & that's why I continue to buy it. But the bulk is tiring. Getting that brick into & out of my yoga pants pocket is a chore. I have a true love/hate relationship with it. Hopefully, you like the red. I bought it & thought it looked cheap. I got rid of it & bought the black.... again.
I ended up buying the black. I know what you mean by a love/hate relationship with big bulky cases. I'm thankful for them but I would also never not use a case. I have never dropped my phone outside of a couple of times of it falling off the couch.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I ended up buying the black. I know what you mean by a love/hate relationship with big bulky cases. I'm thankful for them but I would also never not use a case. I have never dropped my phone outside of a couple of times of it falling off the couch.
Let us know how you like it. You definitely got a great deal! Last one I bought was $27 before taxes, etc.
😀

BEaRebel

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found a case (+ luv handle/added holder) that will Fit in a "Tripod Adapter"? Slightly off topic, please be kind. Someone must know... Why have manufacturers not figured out most owners are unlikely runnin' around "Naked" with a 1200$ device (^0^) ?
Would love Any ideas

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I know I previously posted about how I preferred the Ringke Fusion Magnetic to the Spigen Ultra Hybrid OneTapRing, but I decided to give it another try after my UAG Plyo Pro's top and bottom edges developed a really odd warp, completely making it seem NOT rectangular. It's funny how you learn to appreciate things when the trade-off gets on your nerves even more.

That said, the Spigen feels good in the hand and has very little flexing on the bezel. It's biggest upshot over the UAG Plyo Pro as well as the Ringke Fusion Magnetic, is the strength of the magnetic ring's attraction. With the UAG I always felt a little nervous when using a less powerful mount, but the Spigen adheres with authority to the same mount, and with more powerful mounts, the Spigen requires some technique to "break free" from the magnetic pull.

Overall, I'm quite liking the Spigen. I'm not suffering the same anxiety with the ring being on the outside of the case, as I did the first time around. I also got a matching color Spigen U101 kick stand and, for the first time, picked up a Whitestone Dome Tempered Glass screen protector which fit perfectly inside the Spigen case's front edges.

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-08 at 10.49.10_38cac1dd.jpg

Last edited:

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
I know I previously posted about how I preferred the Ringke Fusion Magnetic to the Spigen Ultra Hybrid OneTapRing, but I decided to give it another try after my UAG Plyo Pro's top and bottom edges developed a really odd warp, completely making it seem NOT rectangular. It's funny how you learn to appreciate things when the trade-off gets on your nerves even more.

That said, the Spigen feels good in the hand and has very little flexing on the bezel. It's biggest upshot over the UAG Plyo Pro as well as the Ringke Fusion Magnetic, is the strength of the magnetic ring's attraction. With the UAG I always felt a little nervous when using a less powerful mount, but the Spigen adheres with authority to the same mount, and with more powerful mounts, the Spigen requires some technique to "break free" from the magnetic pull.

Overall, I'm quite liking the Spigen. I'm not suffering the same anxiety with the ring being on the outside of the case, as I did the first time around. I also got a matching color Spigen U101 kick stand and, for the first time, picked up a Whitestone Dome Tempered Glass screen protector which fit perfectly inside the Spigen case's front edges.

View attachment 358676
never seen an uglier case!

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the SPIGEN OPTICAL ARMOR for my S23 Ultra. It's not bulky and has that sliding cover for the lenses. No need to buy a lens protector. I don't drop my phones so stopped buying the bulky cases 4 years ago.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000