Cases, cases and more cases!!

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Just ordered this case. I've used the Ringke Fusion case before and love them.
583738ac8480a8422f7faac8bcf20aba.jpg

frank-barnett

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
It seems as though there are fewer options for cases for the 23 vs. prior years.

I upgraded on a great deal, but had to send in my 22 ultra. And I’m looking at all the cases I got but either never tried or swapped out, and honestly I’m wondering if it is an upgrade on the device or not.

I have loved the Samsung LED cases. Gone as an option.

I had a Lifeproof case (wave I think), not an option.

I used to love the Check21 wallet case (evo?), but that has been missing from their line up for a couple phones now.

I get the hard reality of the economics of designing a case for a phone that is iterated and updated often- but maybe Samsung ought to adhere to a design language through upgrades so they develop a mass of users that case manufacturers can profit from.

Old man ranting in the dark at the blowing wind (Ophelia)

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Finding a case for the 23+ has taken way more effort than it should. Have ordered so many cases and they've all been problematic - why is the 23+ the orphan child for cute protective cases?!

My favorite case ever is the I Blason Cosmo I had for my s20fe, but for some reason they don't make it for the 23+ (Although you can get it for the Ultra and reg 23).

I have tried:
- double case with silicone sleeve over full two piece hard frame. Unfortunately, it overheated the phone quite badly - I actually liked this one a lot, but if it's gonna tank the phone, no good. (May try it again now phone is "broken in")

- Crave textured case: really nice slim case, but couldn't get it to stick to my magnetic car mount no matter what I tried.

- one that was similar to an Incipio I had for an LG phone, but the back was waayyyyy too slippery

Have landed on a Cosmo knock off for now, not for the look, but because it is a similar TPU back + front frame construction. It's not as high quality of the I Blason, but it's snug, has a good lip to protect cameras and screen, and is easy to hold.

May try an Otterbox symmetry if I can find one in sale. What the heck is with $60-100 phone cases??!!!!?!

Last edited:
Reactions: winmod21

frank-barnett

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Finding a case for the 23+ has taken way more effort than it should. Have ordered so many cases and they've all been problematic - why is the 23+ the orphan child for cute protective cases?!

My favorite case ever is the I Blason Cosmo I had for my s20fe, but for some reason they don't make it for the 23+ (Although you can get it for the Ultra and reg 23).

I have tried:
- double case with silicone sleeve over full two piece hard frame overheated (I actually liked this one a lot, but if it's gonna tank the phone, no good)

- Crave textured case: really nice slim case, but couldn't get it to stick to my magnetic car mount no matter what I tried.

- one that was similar to an Incipio I had for an LG phone, but the back was waayyyyy too slippery

Have landed on a Cosmo knock off for now, not for the look, but because it is a similar TPU back + front frame construction. It's not as high quality of the I Blason, but it's snug, has a good lip to protect cameras and screen, and is easy to hold.

May try an Otterbox symmetry if I can find one in sale. What the heck is with $60-100 phone cases??!!!!?!
I hear your pain!

I always thought the symmetry was too slippery.

I don't mind paying $ for a quality case - but yes, too many of these cheap cases are too much. And I think they play off people justifying I spent a $1000 or whatnot for this phone, it's cheaper than insurance, I'll spend money for a case.

For me, Otterbox Defender is the most I'll spend unless it's something exceptional - I did see what I imagine is real leather wallet case that is $99 (https://blackbrookcase.com) which looks really nice. I like the idea of a wallet that folds to protect the screen and then gives you the option to disconnect from the wallet - like when I need to put my phone in my holder for car navigation.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'd say definitely pay the extra for a name brand case rather than buying one from AliExpress or something else. I bought a clear case from AliExpress and Ringke and the quality is night and day. Plus you can usually sign up to get like 20% off from case websites. However, I generally won't pay more than $20 for one.

The Ringke Fusion clear matte back case is one of my favorites that I've bought for my last 3 or 4 phones.

I think for me, the biggest issue with cheaper cases is the fit on them. A more snug fitting case won't allow a lot of dust and dirt to get between the case and phone. I don't care as much about protection as I don't drop my phone. I do like to have enough raisivity to protect my cameras when I set it down on a hard surface. Otherwise I'd rock a dbrand skin on it.

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I'd say definitely pay the extra for a name brand case rather than buying one from AliExpress or something else. I bought a clear case from AliExpress and Ringke and the quality is night and day. Plus you can usually sign up to get like 20% off from case websites. However, I generally won't pay more than $20 for one.

The Ringke Fusion clear matte back case is one of my favorites that I've bought for my last 3 or 4 phones.

I think for me, the biggest issue with cheaper cases is the fit on them. A more snug fitting case won't allow a lot of dust and dirt to get between the case and phone. I don't care as much about protection as I don't drop my phone. I do like to have enough raisivity to protect my cameras when I set it down on a hard surface. Otherwise I'd rock a dbrand skin on it.
Yeah, if it doesn't fit, no point. The one I'm using now is an excellent fit, even if it isn't quite as thick a TPU as the I Blason Cosmo. I wish they would just make that case for every phone - it is the perfect combo of protective and not too bulky, and even though I don't love the pattern on the back, at least it isn't boring black or navy. all the good s23+ cases seem to assume you want plain and dark

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Any thoughts on Flaunt, Casely, and Casetify? My hunch is that while they are cute, they are the same old cheap cases with grrrreat marketing, but maybe I'm missing something. Anybody?

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
We all love phone cases.
Which one(s) are your favorite and why.
The Otterbox Commuter is my go-to case for all of my devices.
Many cases are already for sale on Amazon and eBay for the S23 series.
I'll pick up some inexpensive ones to mix it up a little.
Edit: I am liking the new CaseBorne collection.
Protection but not too bulky.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from the future.
I always leaned towards ZAGG cases. the Bridgetown case for moto Razr+ is quite good

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
It seems as though there are fewer options for cases for the 23 vs. prior years.

I upgraded on a great deal, but had to send in my 22 ultra. And I’m looking at all the cases I got but either never tried or swapped out, and honestly I’m wondering if it is an upgrade on the device or not.
~
Old man ranting in the dark at the blowing wind (Ophelia)

I have tried:
- double case with silicone sleeve over full two piece hard frame. Unfortunately, it overheated the phone quite badly - I actually liked this one a lot, but if it's gonna tank the phone, no good. (May try it again now phone is "broken in")

I hear your pain!

I always thought the symmetry was too slippery.

I don't mind paying $ for a quality case - but yes, too many of these cheap cases are too much. And I think they play off people justifying I spent a $1000 or whatnot for this phone, it's cheaper than insurance, I'll spend money for a case.

For me, Otterbox Defender is the most I'll spend unless it's something exceptional - I did see what I imagine is real leather wallet case that is $99 (https://blackbrookcase.com) which looks really nice. I like the idea of a wallet that folds to protect the screen and then gives you the option to disconnect from the wallet - like when I need to put my phone in my holder for car navigation.

20231005_213407.jpg20231005_213812.jpg

We've been using the UAG cases since approx 2013, and over the years they protected our phones very well during a few typ 3 ft drops, with a couple being on concrete, without any screen or phone damage, and with hardly a minor scratch on the cases.
However, my 2013 UAG case did apparently become brittle on one of its edges—after 4+ years—thereafter developing a crack.
Although my wifes' 2017 Note 8 UAG case was still in pristine condition, when she retired it a few weeks ago upon ordering a new UAG case for her new S23 Ultra.

Last edited:

BEaRebel

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone seen a Change in their UAG Plyo "ice" (Clear) case? Mine looks Amber now (°0°). Still functions gr8 + I've put 'Lovehandle Pro" on, helping to Hold this beast.
Shows w/phone in & Without. Screenshot_20231003_232011_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20231003_232003_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20231003_231959_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20231003_231954_Gallery.jpg

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Reactions: BEaRebel

frank-barnett

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 356491View attachment 356492

We've been using the UAG cases since approx 2013, and over the years they protected our phones very well during a few typ 3 ft drops, with a couple being on concrete, without any screen or phone damage, and with hardly a minor scratch on the cases.
However, my 2013 UAG case did apparently become brittle on one of its edges—after 4+ years—thereafter developing a crack.
Although my wifes' 2017 Note 8 UAG case was still in pristine condition, when she retired it a few weeks ago upon ordering a new UAG case for her new S23 Ultra.
My favorite UAG case was for my note 8, in Citron. Can't get that color anymore. And my note 8 had a great Tech 21 case, the Evo Wallet. I loved how thin it was. Wallets are something which is OK, but sometimes it is nice to have a thin one.

Reactions: winmod21

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana