What display settings do you use?

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
What display settings do you use.

Right now I'm using Standard with the change color tone to save battery.

I was reading that if you use Movie mode and turn off auto tone, you get the most real looking pictures and the best contrast ratio. It beats the IPhone display in every way, contrast and real color. I tried it out and it made the display look like a LCD display. It was kinda neat. Using those settings with an iphone 5 side by side to my Note 2, the Note 2 looks way better. But still, I'm not really into the washed out look of LCD displays like the iphone 5's.

Anyway I'm just wondering what display settings you guys use on you're Note 2.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Dynamic and auto for me. For my taste that makes pictures look best.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I've tried that setting. It's nice. I'm just trying to get more input on this. I really thought more people would want to share the display settings they use.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
On my note 2 I use natural. The colours on the samsung phones are far too saturated. So much so that when I edit photos on my computer or ipad and up the saturation to a nice level but they look redicululously over saturated on my phone. Its not a true representation of colours even though I use natural. Any edited photos I put on Facebook that are viewed by people using a samsung with other settings than mine will look daft and over edited

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
You should try movie mode and turn off auto tone. I watched a review on how with those settings you get the most color accurate and best contrast. Producing better color and contrast then the Iphone5 and most LCD'S. You should check it out. It makes using photo shop touch great with the Note 2. But other then that I run standard with auto tune on.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've tried that setting. It's nice. I'm just trying to get more input on this. I really thought more people would want to share the display settings they use.

Dunno how much more you wanna save but I'm getting this on the average on Dynamic AND auto.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-19-21-02-13.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-19-21-02-13.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_2013-02-19-21-01-58.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-19-21-01-58.png
    131.2 KB · Views: 45

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
You should try movie mode and turn off auto tone. I watched a review on how with those settings you get the most color accurate and best contrast. Producing better color and contrast then the Iphone5 and most LCD'S. You should check it out. It makes using photo shop touch great with the Note 2. But other then that I run standard with auto tune on.

No chance of me using movie mode. It looks so bland lol. I turned auto tone off but to be honest I can't tell the difference

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Movie mode looks horrible, I will never use that mode. Takes all the colors away. Dynamic rocks. I don't get how anyone can look at movie mode and saying better colors.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I agree with movie mode. I was just saying. In that mode it beats the iphone as far as color correction and contrast.

But I'm not a fan of the washed out display look on the iphone5 and other LCD phones. That's why I use standard mode with color tone for battery life. But as others said you can't tell a difference with color tone on or off. Only a display calibration device can.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I agree with movie mode. I was just saying. In that mode it beats the iphone as far as color correction and contrast.

But I'm not a fan of the washed out display look on the iphone5 and other LCD phones. That's why I use standard mode with color tone for battery life. But as others said you can't tell a difference with color tone on or off. Only a display calibration device can.

I beat the iphone just by having a android phone,, that's all I need. When I had my evo lte and did side by side stuff with my daughters new iPhone I still was beating the iphone. The iphone in my opinion can't even compare to note 2.

metalgirl3

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I use standard and auto also. My last phone was an iPhone 4s and even though it was a good phone, I couldn't stand how washed out the colors looked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2