View phone screen on mac computer help

ARK93

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

New to the forum :)

I need help connecting my Note 2 to the computer via usb and showing my phone screen on the desktop. (I hope that makes sense)

I don't have it rooted.

All help appreciated.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Android Central Forums

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It does make sense, it is quite useful, but unfortunately, without being rooted, it's not possible in an easy, built-in way.

You can "mirror" your phone on a TV (or a PC/Mac monitor with HDMI input) via an MHL dongle; basically this connects to your phone via microUSB and converts video/audio to an HDMI output. Just watch out! MHL connectors for Galaxy S2 and before are NOT compatible with newer MHL adaptors for Galaxy S3/Note 2.

You can also "mirror" your phone's screen if you own a Samsung SmartTV via AllShare Cast. Now this is where I don't get why... AllShare Cast is a software feature; you can download Samsung's Kies to your PC/Mac and use all the AllShare features EXCEPT the AllShare Cast screen mirroring... :(

Finally, your last option (and the best you could do unless you're rooted), is to use a VNC program. These programs let you "see" your phone in your computer and manipulate the contents you're seeing. You need to have the software in your computer and a client in your phone. Most ones are not free, however.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer