Why doesn't the note 2 camera auto expose?

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
One thing I don't like is that when filming or taking a photo it doesn't auto expose to the light situation. It does initially but if you move from light to a darker area when filming it won't expose for it. Any ideas?.

Its one thing the iphone does that I wish this did.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
One thing I don't like is that when filming or taking a photo it doesn't auto expose to the light situation. It does initially but if you move from light to a darker area when filming it won't expose for it. Any ideas?.

Its one thing the iphone does that I wish this did.

yes, you're right, i wish it did keep ae instead of actually doing an ae-lock when it starts. you can only do it manually, which is tapping the section in the screen that you want properly exposed. maybe there is another video app that can do dynamic exposure.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
And now you see that one thing NEVER fits all... The auto-exposure 'feature' was actually removed by popular demand. Apparently, there are more people who hate that their phones auto-expose and would rather take manual control (which is achieved by tapping on the screen to adjust and focus to the area you want).

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
The problem with doing it manually is that the option disappears when you press record. So when it's actually filming you cant manually expose anyway. Useless.!

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
?????What ARE you guys talking about?? I have the Note 2 and it auto exposes during filming. Just to be SURE, i just filled the frame with my 32" monitor, running this forum (bright) and then panned over to the dark area of the room I am in. the exposure adjusts from bright areas, to dark, and then back again. I'm wondering if you have a different version of the OS? I'm on Verizon with 4.1.1

Last edited:

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
He's right you know (and I'm on 4.1.2 on AT&T). I can do the same thing myself. Auto expose works fan-freakin-tastically on my Note 2. This camera blows away any other I've seen (admittedly, I've not seen them all, but still). Don't trash talk the Note 2's camera or my friend Vito from Brooklyn will have to pay you a little visit.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Ive just tried this and your right. It does actually. I just never see it doing it when in general use. Shadows stay dark when moving to to film them.

Another issue I have is that my phone forgets the camera settings. I have it set to 1080 resolution but when I go to my camera the next day it's reset back to 720 along with my other settings like stabilisation on

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Ive just tried this and your right. It does actually. I just never see it doing it when in general use. Shadows stay dark when moving to to film them.

Another issue I have is that my phone forgets the camera settings. I have it set to 1080 resolution but when I go to my camera the next day it's reset back to 720 along with my other settings like stabilisation on

Have you tried deleting camera data? if not, go to Application Manager>ALL>Camera>Clear Data. See if that resolves it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer