Sense ui 5 rom?

isaac3232

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey
Is there any ROM based on pure SENSE ui 5 (of the htc one) rom that is for our note 2? Is it coming soon?
Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
How come its available for the htc phones?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
It is available for HTC phones because it is sense users who have sense 4 and below who developed the sense 5 Rom to get the expierence of sense 5 should it not be pushed to current HTC phones. Someone may develop a full Rom for sense 5 for other phones in the near future now that the HTC one is on retail.

You're joking.... Right?

Many people use touch wiz roms on non Samsung devices, why descriminate to using sense roms on non HTC devices?

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It is available for HTC phones because it is sense users who have sense 4 and below who developed the sense 5 Rom to get the expierence of sense 5 should it not be pushed to current HTC phones. Someone may develop a full Rom for sense 5 for other phones in the near future now that the HTC one is on retail.

Many people use touch wiz roms on non Samsung devices, why descriminate to using sense roms on non HTC devices?

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Because it makes no sense to run Sense on a non-Sense phone.

I hope that made sense.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
So it must also not make sense to run vanilla android on a non nexus device, right?

Correct. AOSP on non-AOSP stock based devices is universally created by the development community. These folks do a bang-up job at porting it over to non native devices, but they always are inferior in terms of operation to their stock OEM software counterpart. I have yet to see a phone with ported AOSP make better use of the camera than the stock software. This stands true today with the Galaxy Note 2 as the stock Samsung ROM's take much better usage of the hardware.

Granted if someone wishes to intentionally reduce the quality of their device, sure they can run AOSP on it. But for me personally, it does not make sense.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member