Note 2 or 3?

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
So I stupidly went from android back to iPhone. I HATE iOS 7 and want a note. I'm on VZW and really don't wanna wait a few weeks. I'm a heavy user and battery went from good to almost non existent post update. Hate browsing safari and the camera app sucks.

Am I being foolish wanting to pick up a note 2 now? Will it hold up for a year at least?

Thanks in advance for your opinions :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you're buying a new device I'd say hold out for the Note 3. I'm not sure if Verizon will follow suit, but some rumors point to a release this Friday (granted, Verizon is usually 'a bit' late to game, but still...). However, take the size into consideration. The Note 2 is a great device but not suitable for small hands and the Note 3 is ever-so-slightly larger. I owned a Note 2 and loved it, but my contract was up and got the S4 and still miss the big screen of the Note 2. However, the new features added to the Note 3 seem like worth waiting for. Besides, once it's released, you'll get to really be able to compare both of them side by side, not to mention the price drop on the Note 2 once the new version hits the streets :)

PS: I do hate iOS7, too... I'm actually waiting for the new Note 10.1 to come out and see if it finally can make me give up my iPad.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
The Verizon website states orders will be received by October 10th. I would wait if I were you.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if Verizon will follow suit, but some rumors point to a release this Friday

That's good news for me. Can you tell me where you saw these rumors.

The Note 2 is a great device but not suitable for small hands and the Note 3 is ever-so-slightly larger.

I think you meant that the Note 3 is ever so slightly smaller.

The Note 2 is 151.1 x 80.5 x 9.4 mm and 183 g
The Note 3 is 151.2 x 79.2 x 8.3 mm and 168 g

The Note 3 is 0.1 mm taller (.06%), but is is 1.3 mm narrower (1.6%) and 1.3 mm thinner (11.7%). its also about 8% lighter.

However suitable the whole Note line is for small hands, the Note 3 is certainly the most suitable one.

For the OP:

Am I being foolish wanting to pick up a note 2 now?

Very. Unless you are making the decision strictly on a cost basis (because there are good deals on the Note 2) it would be crazy to get a Note 2 instead of a Note 3. On every benchmark/feature/spec the Note 3 is an improvement on the Note 2. I am all about instant grtification, but for a device you are going to use for a year or two, its very foolish to pick up a Note 2 now instead of a Note 3 in 3 weeks. Maybe less.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
And I meant in terms of screen size, not overall size :) After all, your fingers do all the heavy lifting and using the Note 2 single-handed was a feat I fear won't be as easily accomplished on the Note 3.

On the other hand, the bezel on the Note 3 is much thinner, so while the far edge of the screen is a little farther away, the near edge of the screen is a little closer. So, things like the one-handed keypad on the Note 3 will be a little easier to use.

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone. The size DOES intimidate me. I may be looking at a different phone altogether now. I appreciate the replies!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

dbregman

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
The DROID Maxx is a sweet phone. It is fast has a lot of nice features and is smaller than the Note 2 or 3.

Posted via Android Central App

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I picked up a used note2 from a member who wanted to go back to blackberry.
No regrets.
Honestly, the gnex had me hating on android for a while with battery life, etc.
I am not even going to root the note 2. I just wanted a dependable device with a good track record. The note 2 is it, at least for me.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
My wife is 5' 2" with small hands. She LOVES her Note 2. It took me about 2 months after getting mine on launch day, to convince her the phone wasn't too large for her. Finally one day she agreed, we hurried to the nearest Verizon store to get her a white note 2, which she still loves to death. the size doesn't bother her at all.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I picked up a used note2 from a member who wanted to go back to blackberry.
No regrets.
Honestly, the gnex had me hating on android for a while with battery life, etc.
I am not even going to root the note 2. I just wanted a dependable device with a good track record. The note 2 is it, at least for me.

Our Note 2's have been rock steady. Having come from 2 horrible phones in a row (Storm 2 and Bionic), it's so refreshing to have phones that don't need to be reset or have the battery removed to move things back on track!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
It is coming on the 10th with Verizon. I will most likely upgrade to it from my Note2. At first I wasn't but the added features are a must have

sent from my amazing Note2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38