Note 3 worth it?

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Will this be "the phone" to get when it comes out? THE ONLY THING holding me back is the size. For the people that were hesitant on getting the note 2 because of the side can you tell me if it was worth it and are you upgrading to the note 3? Thanks guys. Just debating on getting the 5s, going back to the s4, or holding out for the note 3!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

TheMaskedMamba

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I have big *** hands so it was no issue at all.... LOL.

Seriously from other owners that have the phone most says the size is intimidating for a couple of days but you quickly get used to it and won't know how you made it through with such a smaller phone.

Sent from my SG Note Deux using Tapatalk 4

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have big *** hands so it was no issue at all.... LOL.

Seriously from other owners that have the phone most says the size is intimidating for a couple of days but you quickly get used to it and won't know how you made it through with such a smaller phone.

Sent from my SG Note Deux using Tapatalk 4

Totally agree, I don't know how I ever got along with a smaller screen. I can't imagine replacing this phone (note 2) with anything but the Note 3.

I started my Android use with the S3 and was definitely not sure about the Note 2 size. But then I also have large hands, so I went for it after reading all the positive reviews. Note 2 is the best phone I've ever had and hope to soon be topped by the Note 3.

Posted via Android Central App from my Note 2.

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Totally agree, I don't know how I ever got along with a smaller screen. I can't imagine replacing this phone (note 2) with anything but the Note 3.

I started my Android use with the S3 and was definitely not sure about the Note 2 size. But then I also have large hands, so I went for it after reading all the positive reviews. Note 2 is the best phone I've ever had and hope to soon be topped by the Note 3.

Posted via Android Central App from my Note 2.

Thank you!!

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Will this be "the phone" to get when it comes out? THE ONLY THING holding me back is the size. For the people that were hesitant on getting the note 2 because of the side can you tell me if it was worth it and are you upgrading to the note 3? Thanks guys. Just debating on getting the 5s, going back to the s4, or holding out for the note 3!

The bigger phones are nice. I had the note 2 now i have the g pro. I like them cause i do alot of reading on my phone. If u have small hands and/or use ur phone alot with one hand it kinda sucks. Its very hard reaching across the screen. If u have small pockets it sucks because it tends to stick out or just hit everything to. If ur hesitant id say not to go for it.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
If you use your phone more than just calling, texting, and crapping all over your friends FB feed with pics of your crib midgets, the size is worth it especially for productivity. Are you gonna whip it around like a iphone, not in this lifetime.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
my dad has a note 2 and it feels fine in my hands..i love the big screens now and even my S4 the screen isn't as big as it could be so hense getting the note 3 ha.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

well unfortunately, you are on a note 3 forum, so most opinions are biased towards the note 3, but the good thing is, the return window. you can always try it out and see how it feels. I am going from a 4.3 inch screen to a 5.7 inch (my 4.7 inch phone broke recently) so the jump will be significantly. but if size is a factor, i look at al the pros and cons, and I always count the cons as 2 points, since cons have a bigger impact than pros. but this phone is going to be great for me, the size adjustment is going to be odd at first, but i can get used to it.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I'm 5'4" with typical lady's hands. I have the original Note and can't wait until my Note 3 ships. I always had physical keyboards on past smart phones so I wasn't used to one handed use anyway. I LOVE my Note. Was so envious of Note 2, I ran out and bought the Note 10.1 to get the dual window/ multi-tasking. There are now other sizes to choose from but the features of the Note family are unique and quickly become a valuable tool. If you find yourself often looking for scraps of paper to write quick notes on, get to stores and try to remember dimensions of something, or ingredients, whatever, you'll love how easy it is to find all that information at hand on your phone on an Snote. Plus, it's rather fun to have people in line glancing over at you writing or reading on your phone and asking what is it and where can they get one!

Bianca Horkan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm 5'4" with typical lady's hands. I have the original Note and can't wait until my Note 3 ships. I always had physical keyboards on past smart phones so I wasn't used to one handed use anyway. I LOVE my Note. Was so envious of Note 2, I ran out and bought the Note 10.1 to get the dual window/ multi-tasking. There are now other sizes to choose from but the features of the Note family are unique and quickly become a valuable tool. If you find yourself often looking for scraps of paper to write quick notes on, get to stores and try to remember dimensions of something, or ingredients, whatever, you'll love how easy it is to find all that information at hand on your phone on an Snote. Plus, it's rather fun to have people in line glancing over at you writing or reading on your phone and asking what is it and where can they get one!

I'm 5' 4.5" and my hands aren't huge so I've been a two-thumb typist on my phone...so I'm sure the size of the Note 3 won't take much getting used to.

I don't have a Note -- still using the original Galaxy Nexus -- but all those things you described are reasons why I can't wait for this phone.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
i have the note 2 and am 5' 3".....one handed operation on any large phone gets dicey, but then i didn't get the phone for one handed operation. anyone who sees that as a priority might want to rethink this phone. that said i love love the note 2 and am excited about the software upgrades to the spen. i had absolutely no problem with the size, that was the point for me, to be able to surf the web, read emails, watch movies and tv, take notes, read books, etc without needing a magnifying glass. i could never go back to anything smaller or without the spen.

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I went from an S3 to a Note 2 and I couldn't imagine trying to use a smaller phone now. Sure it was intimidating and awkward at first, but after a week of use I became more comfortable. Great for two-handed typing, Swyping, etc. Viewing and editing photos. Watching media. MULTIWINDOW :D I could go on and on about how a bigger screen helps. My husband has an S2 and I hate that freakin' small thing when I have to use it. It's difficult to type on a smaller device after using mine for so long. I'm not worried about the transition this time after coming from a Note 2.

GeekMoxie

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I am 5"0' and have petite hands. I went from the iPhones to an S4. I had the Note 2 but returned it because of camera issues. Opted for the S4.
The size was perfectly fine. I had to adapt when pocketing but I adored the size and functionality.

I will be getting the N3 at release.

mrscaston30

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
This is my first time owning a note 2 and I love it. I've been a apple fangirl for years and I was so reluctant to change to anything but one day I just got tired of apple and here I am. I used to make fun of All my friends who had this thing because it's big as ever but now that I own one, I love it. I just got this one so I am not sure why I need the note 3 but after its been out a few months, I will most likely upgrade to it.

Posted via Android Central App

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I was reluctant a year ago to move into a HTC DNA because of its size ( the best screen ever..... ) but after about a day the 5" screen simply disappeared as a concern - I have the same concern about moving to a Note 3 - hope it is not to big - I have huge hands so no worries there - more worried about fitting in pockets and such

NoPrivacy

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
My problem is less my small hands (I can barely use any new phone one-handed) and more my pocket size. I keep my phone in front, opposite my wallet. Hard to go to a store and try that out since they are all on wires :-[

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I am going from a 4.3 inch screen to a 5.7 inch (my 4.7 inch phone broke recently) so the jump will be significantly.

You call that a jump? I went from a 3.2 inch screen (the BB Torch 9810) to the 5.5 inch screen on the Note 2. Now that's a jump. ;) And I'm sooo glad I made it. My only thoughts about jumps at this point is whether it's worth the one from the Note 2 to the Note 3.

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
You call that a jump? I went from a 3.2 inch screen (the BB Torch 9810) to the 5.5 inch screen on the Note 2. Now that's a jump. ;) And I'm sooo glad I made it. My only thoughts about jumps at this point is whether it's worth the one from the Note 2 to the Note 3.

I made the same jump and equally glad I did.

I also share your reservation about the upgrade to GN3 because the GN2 is such a wonderful phone. Best phone I have ever had (so far). Hard to believe there is better to be had, but I have ordered the GN3 anyway :D

taxiron1

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

Yes, I have a Note 2 and it was definitely worth it. Yes, I am upgrading because I like everything about the Note 2, and this will be more ofthe same.