Ran into the Note 3 today

SSG_Gunz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Well I went to Best Buy today to get my GS4 fixed and lucky me a rep from Samsung actually had an GN3 in hand. At 1st I thought it couldn't be and then I saw the box that it comes in (Look like the same box as the GS4) and inquired about it. And man this phone looks awesome. Not as squareish as I originally thought and very comfortbale in the hand. And also the back that everyone is talking about (leatherish) feels great and gives the phone a kinda elegant look. Then he told me they would be available at Best Buy starting Oct 4th for all carriers except Verizon (sounds about right) which should be out at Best Buy about a week later. Played with it briefly and it's really fast, great screen, and he told me that it syncs with other Note devices. Which I don't think they ever reported in any of the reveals I've seen but my assumption is that it's kinda like when they diplayed the G2 and LG tablet doing the same. He didn't really go into a lot of detail.
Just thought I'd let you guys know that plan on getting one from Best Buy instead.

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Cool story bro...thanks for sharing.

I wounder if all the iDrones at BB today where like "that phone is too big and ugly."

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
All carriers excluding Verizon which will come a week later....did you ask if that includes Sprint too, after all, we haven't heard a thing from them about when they will release their version of the phone.

GeekMoxie

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Awesome, thank you for the heads up!
I will have to see if our Best Buy Samsung Rep has one laying around that I can see =)

SSG_Gunz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Surprisingly enough the sales rep said they had a hard time pushing the new iphones....or rather it's not really that surprising.

SSG_Gunz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
All carriers excluding Verizon which will come a week later....did you ask if that includes Sprint too, after all, we haven't heard a thing from them about when they will release their version of the phone.
Didn't ask about Sprint but I just assumed he included Sprint on the same release date.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I just hope that when the Note 3 does touch down it does so without any issues. No bugs, no lags, no camera issues...just pure DarkSideofTheForce. I'm so psyched to see this one hit the streets.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
There's gonna be lines. I'm trying to hold off a little while but if reports are good in the first week or so with no major issues...I might have to jump in.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I just hope that when the Note 3 does touch down it does so without any issues. No bugs, no lags, no camera issues...just pure DarkSideofTheForce. I'm so psyched to see this one hit the streets.

Aren't there always some minor bugs with pretty much any new groundbreaking device?

Sent from my old HTC Thunderbolt via Tapatalk 4

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The Note series have always appeared to be too big for me and I never considered one. Your comment about the form factor have me thinking about one.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Srk, I myself was skeptical as well, as I went from an iPhone to an s3, then to the note 2 just a month later. Initially the phone was huge to me, and I was on the fence with it. Within a week, even with the shock comments from friends, family, and Co workers, my only reply started to become "it's not that big", then eventually I found it awkward to use my girlfriends s3. I'm on the s4 right now since I sold the note 2 last month, and the girlfriend will get the 4 after I get the note 3. Which ps was a mistake on my part, I won't downsize to sell the note 3 early!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
There will be no lines. I guarantee you will be able to walk into any store and buy one no problem. Not to talk down the device, because I'm getting one but there will be no lines.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
There will be no lines. I guarantee you will be able to walk into any store and buy one no problem. Not to talk down the device, because I'm getting one but there will be no lines.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Good to know, I work close to a corporate AT&T store so I can't wait!

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Cool! I pre-ordered mine from Verizon and I should have it the week of October 14th.

I have enjoyed my Note 2 immensely and this sounds like it's going to be even better!

Botti

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Only 4 days and 22 hours until I'm going to be able to put my dirty hands on the Note3. Counting seconds already.

Edit: hah, almost forgot, the old customers can cheat 17 hours from that. So it is 4 days and 5 hours :)