Galaxy Note 3 - Bluetooth - Car Radio QuestionAVH

Christopher Rios1

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, first post here (though I've been following the forums for about 2 months now).

I have a fairly specific question regarding the Note 3's Bluetooth capabilities and my car radio (Pioneer AVH 8400). I have been a Wazer for about two years now and use the app almost every day. I wanted to know if anyone has experience with using even a past Note 1 or 2 (or I guess any recent Samsung phone for that matter) in their car. My question is, will Waze (on a Note 3) interrupt the radio to report an accident or new direction, and then return back to the radio?

To be more clear, I tried using it with my uncle's Note 1 and had one issue. When I am on my Bluetooth setting on my receiver, say listening to spotify. The song that is playing will decrease in volume, Waze will report the notification and then song will resume. However, the phone that I am coming from (iPhone 5) would do the same while on my radio setting. It would fade out, report the notification and then return to the station. However, I could not get that to work on the Note 1.

Is it a Note 1 Bluetooth limitation or will this not just work?

Thanks in advance.

Sirtavito Tavin

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I did the same transition from an Iphone 5 to Samsung galaxy note 3, I experience the same problem, it F**K** UP, I am using a stock Lexus radio on CT200H, it worked just fine on Iphone 5, I use the music from phone and GPS Waze for commute, tried google maps and the same result, this is got to be a Samsung problem. all sounds would fade in properly on Iphone 5, is there any one that a fix for this issue other than getting rid of Note 3?

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I believe problem you are asking about on the S4 and Note 3 at least has to do with how the devices themselves are hardwired by Samsung. You may wish to check out the iBolt web site <http://www.ibolt.co/faq/> as there has been several discussions by the iBolt folks regarding this issue and how they have found a solution for some of the issues.

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here. I think it is how the blue tooth is handled compared to the iPhone.
The iphone would basically prioritize the voice over by making it like a phone call to interrupt the car radio. The note 3 does not do this from what I have found.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Sirtavito Tavin

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Did some playing around and found a solution, stop using the default music player and use the "Google Play Music" app and worked like a charm, sound does not cut off, gps fades in the proper way, and had no issues while using the whole time.

nettech207

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Did some playing around and found a solution, stop using the default music player and use the "Google Play Music" app and worked like a charm, sound does not cut off, gps fades in the proper way, and had no issues while using the whole time.

thats true if your using bluetooth audio but the OP asked if he or she was listening to the car radio would waze interrupt and announce the direction change or accident. I had same issue with Google maps use to work on my iphone but not on my note 3. Bummer hopefully someone will find a solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non