Thinking I Might Get Note 3

BriniaSona

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I am looking at the note 3 right now, but I love blackberry 10 as an os like fish like water. I love how fluid and smooth it is and how it runs so awesomely on so little specs.

I like the gestures, hub, 8 windows that let me close and open apps after they are minimized. I just love this OS.

Is there a way to make android imitate it?

tahnir

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
While I can't help you with your main question I can tell you that you've come to the right place to ask that question. I myself was very interested in an Blackberry product (the Q10) but eventually made my way to android and the note 3, let me explain why so this might help you: the BB Os 10 is pretty no questions there and the hub is something to consider but you get so much more with an android device and that pretty much for the same amount of money.

Way higher specs which is always nice, especially when you're considering long term ownership

A way more customisable Os which I always consider better as I want my phone to be special and stand out of the crowd, be unique

The way better ecosystem, even if you don't want to use that many apps it's always better to be on the safe side in case you want or need them down the road

And last but not least: consider the state blackberry is in right now, I don't want to go as far as calling them dead but they are pretty near that end. Think about what that could potentially mean for a phone holder.....

All in all these are the reasons why I went android over BB and so far I'm not regretting it. May I ask what phone your currently sporting?

BriniaSona

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the Z10, and if it wasnt for BB killing themselves, I would no doubt get a Q10 or Z30. I really love the simplicity of the os and the way everything flows and works together.

Specs don't bother me, but a smooth running os does. Are there any devices where the OS has been optimized to the device rather than using specs to make up for lack of optimization?

The only customizations I would look for are to make it more like the flowing and ease of the Z10. When I got the Z10, it was far easier to learn to use that android was. Swpie up to go to the home screen, swipe up and right for messages, and swipe down for settings. I can answer any message without ever leaving or pausing an app. Theres many other things I like.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
just get the blackberry...problems solved.

Ya know, the smartazz in me finds this comment oddly amusing but I don't think that's what the OP was quite looking for.

There are several launchers that allow all kinds of gestures so I'd be surprised if one couldn't find something in Nova, Apex, or Go Launcher that they'd find to their liking with all the gestures (and then some).

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I have the Z10, and if it wasnt for BB killing themselves, I would no doubt get a Q10 or Z30. I really love the simplicity of the os and the way everything flows and works together.

Specs don't bother me, but a smooth running os does. Are there any devices where the OS has been optimized to the device rather than using specs to make up for lack of optimization?

The only customizations I would look for are to make it more like the flowing and ease of the Z10. When I got the Z10, it was far easier to learn to use that android was. Swpie up to go to the home screen, swipe up and right for messages, and swipe down for settings. I can answer any message without ever leaving or pausing an app. Theres many other things I like.

Doesn't seem like you want to leave BB as it has features that you like. Why bother switching to OS that you will probably not like?

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
There are several launchers that allow all kinds of gestures so I'd be surprised if one couldn't find something in Nova, Apex, or Go Launcher that they'd find to their liking with all the gestures (and then some).

Pretty much what I suggested elsewhere (Nova Prime) but now this is the third forum the OP is posing the same question today....

rajnet

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Just had a friend switch from Z10 to Note 3 she said it's like she has gotten out of ancient civilization back to modern times..I wouldn't compare the 2 OS at all. Android and iOS are far superior especially with a strong ecosystem and app support.

Posted via Android Central App

BriniaSona

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Swiping up from the bottom and back down in one fluid motion to wake the screen, check the time and sleep it again is AWESOME.

Waking the device without pressing a home button or lock button is awesome.

going to ALL my notifications and messages at any time and place is awesome.

being able to manage all open apps by swiping up from any application is awesome.

I like the touchscreen keyboard and all it's swiping options.

being able to reply to any message without closing or leaving my application is awesome

letting youtube run in the background while doing other stuff is awesome

ALL that without one customization or addon or app.

Those are the things I like about BlackBerry 10 I can think of. BlackBerry build a great OS that has made me forget about and not care about things like Instagram and Vine and Candy Crush and whatever else teens and kids want. I just want apps that don't force close (like notepad apps, I write a lot and the blackberry stoke Remember app, has never crashed. In fact the non of the blackberry apps crashed. The only crashes were from jellybean sideloads... I would hate to have typed out an essay and the darn thing force closes on me.

I would choose the ZL or the Note 3 if I picked an android device. I would NEED an SD slot, as I despise the idea of clouds.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, considering a launcher was recently released emulating the iOS7 look/feel, I would bet that a Blackberry launcher could be available in the Play Store or possibly someone will release one soon. In the meantime, there is a theme available that emulates the Z10 look, so it might hold you over for a while.

On a side note, you can always install a custom launcher that allow you to assign certain actions with gestures. It's helpful and could lead to the customization you find useful in the Z10.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87