Transparent notification bar [Now with screenshot]

Erick Newman

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I just missed it because of all the other awesome things on the phone. My notification bar is transparent like 4.4 on the Nexus 5 I'm not sure when it happened or even if it's supposed to be like that. Could someone help?

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-06-11-32-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-12-06-11-32-16.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Transparent notification bar

Are you using Nova launcher? There is a transparent notification bar setting in Nova. If not, I'm not sure. Sorry.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Transparent notification bar

Are you using Nova launcher? There is a transparent notification bar setting in Nova. If not, I'm not sure. Sorry.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Yes, you are correct. It's in the "look & feel" section. :)

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I could of swore Samsung did that on purpose. From the s4 and on they made it transparent.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I could of swore Samsung did that on purpose. From the s4 and on they made it transparent.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Yes, your right.

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I just missed it because of all the other awesome things on the phone. My notification bar is transparent like 4.4 on the Nexus 5 I'm not sure when it happened or even if it's supposed to be like that. Could someone help?

I'm sorry I tried to find out if there was an option w/o a third party launcher, to remove the transparency. I spent over thirty minutes and disabled my nova prime launcher. I was unable to find it. My apologies. If I stumble upon an option in touch wiz, I will let you know. Good news, if you ever want to experiment with a launcher, nova prime does undo the transparent notification bar. Maybe other third party launchers do too? :)

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't think he's wanting to "darken" the notification bar but wanting to know if it's supposed to be that way. Yes, the Note 3 and S4 have stock transparent notification bars as default and no way to change it. I prefer it this way as it looks more "clean" if ya know what I mean using jellybean.....

Erick Newman

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't think he's wanting to "darken" the notification bar but wanting to know if it's supposed to be that way. Yes, the Note 3 and S4 have stock transparent notification bars as default and no way to change it. I prefer it this way as it looks more "clean" if ya know what I mean using jellybean.....

Thanks

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

If it had an option to change the text from white to black, when you have a light background, yes it would look cleaner and sophisticated.

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

And yes your right, he wanted to know if it was suppose to be that way. Another poster pointed that out already, earlier in the feed. And I confirmed it was correct, if you see my response. I was just trying to help with options if he would like it back to a black notification. Sorry, but not going to repeat something someone already pointed out previously.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
If it had an option to change the text from white to black, when you have a light background, yes it would look cleaner and sophisticated.

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! ������
Text, yes you're right. But nothing was said of text, only the transparency of the bar. I wasn't even speaking of the text just that it looked cleaner being transparent.

Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
And yes your right, he wanted to know if it was suppose to be that way. Another poster pointed that out already, earlier in the feed. And I confirmed it was correct, if you see my response. I was just trying to help with options if he would like it back to a black notification. Sorry, but not going to repeat something someone already pointed out previously.

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! ������

Almeuit said he swore that Samsung did it on purpose for the note 3 and S4. I just confirmed it like you did. But I went a little farther and added that I didn't think he wanted to darken it like you were explaining about nova prime. Giving options like you were isn't a bad thing....it's a good thing. No need to be hostile.

Last edited:

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Almeuit said he swore that Samsung did it on purpose for the note 3 and S4. I just confirmed it.

And I confirmed it as well. I'm done. You're just debunking everything I comment on. This happened in another thread with you. I don't know if you have a problem with girls actually involved in cell phone tech helping others out or what, but you need to chill.

By quoting my comments makes it look like I am wrong. I first confirmed this was on purpose and correct by quoting the other poster. I then was just trying to post help if he wanted it the old way. Just helping with options. That's it.

If you were only "confirming" then quote the right comments.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
And I confirmed it as well. I'm done. You're just debunking everything I comment on. This happened in another thread with you. I don't know if you have a problem with girls actually involved in cell phone tech helping others out or what, but you need to chill.

By quoting my comments makes it look like I am wrong. I first confirmed this was on purpose and correct by quoting the other poster. I then was just trying to post help if he wanted it the old way. Just helping with options. That's it.

If you were only "confirming" then quote the right comments.

OOOOOK. But in my original OP I didn't quote anyone so take that as you will. I was posting to post and to not upend anyone....but I see you're taking this way to personal...and of coarse, helping with options is always a good thing.

Last edited:

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
OOOOOK. But in my original OP I didn't quote your post or any ones. I was posting to post and not to upend anyone....but I see you're taking this way to personal...

Not personal. ANNOYED. Big difference. I didn't say anything the last time, in the other thread.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Not personal. ANNOYED. Big difference. I didn't say anything the last time, in the other thread.

What other thread do you speak of...?

And to let you know, more confirmations for a question that somebody has makes the answer that much more valid to the person asking it. So just because someone confirms something (or debunks) a thread posted before or after yours, doesn't mean it's against you. I was just a third confirmation. If I were to have quoted anyone (and I didn't) it would have been mrsunderstood as she misunderstood the question the OP was asking from what I took if it. Besides, I could care less if your a man, woman, child, alien from the planet Tazuka, or someone from a small island off the coast of the Antarctic.

Last edited:

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

He's rude like that, if I were you I'd report his post.

aaaand-send.gif.pagespeed.ce.FeZIfxlD8D.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty