S Pen window not displaying

sjgoten6

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I got this phone a couple weeks ago and it worked great! Only issue is both mine and my wife's S Pen window doesn't show up when extracting pen. It writes great still but that window doesn't pop up. I've checked the s pen settings and everything looks good (considering I haven't touched the setting). Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

andyr3ad

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Could try pressing the power button and resetting the phone alternatively maybe it doesn't realise the s pen is being removed from its port due to dust etc... u could try blowing inside the port. One way to check would be enable the setting where it makes a noise when the pen is removed if it makes the nice u know all is fine if it doesn't make the noise that would suggest it doesn't realise the pen is being removed from its port

sjgoten6

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
It makes a noise and vibrates. It's weird that both my wife's phone and mine does this. I even factory reset and still nothing. I guess I can chalk this up as a hardware defect? I can still live without it just wondering why it doesn't work anymore. Kinda weird.

sjgoten6

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Also note that it says "s pen is detatched" in the notification bar, but that's it.

sjgoten6

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Okay it came back on but it's weird. I had to enable gestures and motion in the settings... I don't remember having to keep that on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez