note 3 shutter speed really slow?!

hollyberry8909

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I just got the note 3. When taking a photo that needs Flash the shutter takes an abnormal length of time to take the photo. So for example i was taking a photo of the kids meeting Santa in my living room it wasn't really dark but the Flash was needed. By the time the picture was taken the kids had moved and all the photos were blurry and non of them looking at the camera. I'm coming from an iPhone 4s so I was expecting a lot more from this phone but at the minute the iPhone seems a lot better with photos. I have the auto shake hand thing turned off. Any tips?

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I noticed that over the last couple weeks too. It wasn't like that when I got the phone a couple months ago. Did you recently get an update?

hehubado

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm noticing the same thing here....I'm on Verizon and did the most latest update.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I just got the note 3. When taking a photo that needs Flash the shutter takes an abnormal length of time to take the photo. So for example i was taking a photo of the kids meeting Santa in my living room it wasn't really dark but the Flash was needed. By the time the picture was taken the kids had moved and all the photos were blurry and non of them looking at the camera. I'm coming from an iPhone 4s so I was expecting a lot more from this phone but at the minute the iPhone seems a lot better with photos. I have the auto shake hand thing turned off. Any tips?

Smart stabilization adds a lot of time to take pictures. But in terms of taking pictures I've realized if you take any picture that requires flash it's going to come out horrible. Turn on the lights for best results this phone doesn't do well in low light/flash required situations

Posted via Android Central App

back2Dfuture

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes smart stabalisation takes a few photos and averages them together.The results are ok but you can forget about moving subjects and trying for a quick photo.

If it's not too dark I would switch SS off.Photos are a bit darker but shutter speed is faster.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The note 3 is not the most intuitive camera. I have found that third party apps work better for taking pics.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Yup, unfortunately at night with the flash on the whole process to take the photo takes too long. It's not the shutter speed but more the focus speed. It takes a LOONNG time to lock on and that is really what takes the time. If you listen, the shutter speed is actually very quick! This is a photo app that I really like and the time to snap a pic with the flash on is about half, maybe less!

hollyberry8909

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Your right it is the focus time. And I got that app and it does speed it up! Thanks! I think that will do me for now but I really hope they fix that focus speed it is ridiculous.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
i have had all updates so far for this phone, and camera is still quick. how much space do you have left on the phone? also try to delee some sms and mms. on any phone, that i ever had, the texts always take up space, and slow the phone down. I also hate that ss turns on by itself, when i need a quick pic, it slows me down a few seconds, since i either have to wait for the focus, or i have to disable it.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
i have had all updates so far for this phone, and camera is still quick. how much space do you have left on the phone? also try to delee some sms and mms. on any phone, that i ever had, the texts always take up space, and slow the phone down. I also hate that ss turns on by itself, when i need a quick pic, it slows me down a few seconds, since i either have to wait for the focus, or i have to disable it.

Take a picture in the dark with the flash on and see how long it takes to actually take a photo. I can count to 4 1000 when taking a pic.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87