"Copy" app ...help!

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

As my Dropbox was nearing being full I looked for alternatives for saving/backing up my note 3 photos easily.

I read on another thread about the app Copy. I like that it is easy to use and backup my photos BUT even though I have the "wifi only" checked anytime I turn on my data it starts using my data to back up my photos which I don't want to do as I have limited data which I'd rather use for other stuff! :)

Does anyone know how to solve this problem, is there perhaps a setting I'm missing or don't understand? I'm including a screenshot of where the wifi part is checked.

I like using this app but if it continues to use my data then I'll have to delete it.

Thanks for any help/advice!

Sarks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1392244303198.jpg
    1392244303198.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 31

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
That is why I keep telling people that I hate dropbox......... and I use Box.............

This problem isn't with Dropbox though. I have no problems with Dropbox except that I'm running out of storage space so I hoped that I could use this copy app and just leave my Dropbox for work and university stuff.

I tried out box and didn't really like it. Copy I like except for this problem of it using my data.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When I had copy almost 9 months ago, I couldn't figure out how to the same thing. Not that I am limited on data, mine is rather slow. Have you tried Box? They don't offer storage promos, but start you off at 10 GB just for signing up. Box has now become my preferred method of cloud storage over DropBox.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Just use Google+ to backup your pics. If you don't choose the full size option you can back up an unlimited number of photos.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Try clearing the app cache and rebooting. Might get lucky, but if Golfdriver had the same issue way back when, it's doubtful this will work. The app may be acting out. A third party app to restrict access to wifi only may work, but there are other options...

Google Drive, Sky Drive, SugarSync, Mega, Cubby are all solid cloud storage apps.

Good luck.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
When I had copy almost 9 months ago, I couldn't figure out how to the same thing. Not that I am limited on data, mine is rather slow. Have you tried Box? They don't offer storage promos, but start you off at 10 GB just for signing up. Box has now become my preferred method of cloud storage over DropBox.

I just remembered I have a Box account with 50 GB free. Gonna have to start sending my pics there.