Nillkin 9H Hardness Tempered Glass Front Screen Protector Question

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I had a $25 gift card to Newegg.com so I got a Nillkin 9H Hardness Tempered Glass Front Screen Protector. Just got it today and I'm having an issue where the bottom edge of it (by the home button) doesn't appear to stick down like it should. Will it eventually stick or is there an issue that I need to request a replacement for?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Even though I can easily fit my fingernail under the corner of it?

Sometimes it looks like it is peeling off but it is just some air that settles after a day or two. Hard to determine without pictures.

If it isn't air in there then it is probably damaged.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Puterguru

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine went on just fine. No air pockets to speak of whatsoever. I believe the instructions read to press from the middle and work outwards to disperse any pockets.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Yep, I did that. And I can press on the corner and see it attach to the screen somewhat, but the minute I move my finger it pops back up :(

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
You can see the lighter color mostly in the lower left corner but you can also see it all along the bottom edge if you look close enough. Been that way since I installed it last night.
20140213_092336.jpg

Puterguru

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I did that. And I can press on the corner and see it attach to the screen somewhat, but the minute I move my finger it pops back up :(

Hmmm, doesn't sound like it has the adhesive on that section to me. You may want to see if they have any customer support. Also, the one I bought is actually from iloome, you may want to try that one if the Nillkin brand doesn't work out for you. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3452274

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm, doesn't sound like it has the adhesive on that section to me. You may want to see if they have any customer support. Also, the one I bought is actually from iloome, you may want to try that one if the Nillkin brand doesn't work out for you. Amazon.com: iloome New Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ScreenMate Real Tempered Glass 9H Hardness Premium Screen Protector with Rounded Edges & Oleophobic Coating: Cell Phones & Accessories

For the price of the iloome one, I might just go to a Verizon store and buy theirs. And them have them install it for me (since they do it for free with purchase of a screen protector).

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Still on a reply from the Newegg.com Marketplace vendor I bought it from. If I don't hear anything by next week I will request a refund and go elsewhere.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
For the price of the iloome one, I might just go to a Verizon store and buy theirs. And them have them install it for me (since they do it for free with purchase of a screen protector).

Does Verizon sell glass screen protectors?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I purchased a different brand (bodyguardz) and had the exact same issue. My fingernail accidentally peeled up just the smallest part of the corner and it got the smallest amount of dirt under it and now you can see that its not sticking properly. It isn't raised at all but looks different. If you press on it, it appears it is sticking then when you let go it goes right back. So it seems based on my experience you have the smallest punt of dust/dirt in that area and it is stuck to the screen protector. It will never look as it should. Mine still doesn't and I got it a week after release. Good luck.

Posted via Android Central App

koj

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I had installed Nillkin tempered glass on my phone but one month later, it just cracked on its own. Absolutely not due to force nor wrong handling. Just happened!!! Really, their claim of 9h hardness is pure bull!! Not to mention risk to personal injury due to suspect quality. Certainly not a reliable brand despite all their claims.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm hoping that my 20% Isis credit for paying my Verizon bill with Isis shows up Saturday (paying bill Friday) so I can get one @ the Verizon store

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I had installed Nillkin tempered glass on my phone but one month later, it just cracked on its own. Absolutely not due to force nor wrong handling. Just happened!!! Really, their claim of 9h hardness is pure bull!! Not to mention risk to personal injury due to suspect quality. Certainly not a reliable brand despite all their claims.

That sucks for sure, but the hardness rating is the outer surface, and remember, the harder something is, the more brittle it is, a harder glass will crack easier than a softer glass, but will be more scratch resistant.

nilho

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
i had that similar experience before. i asked my friends for what they are using on screen protector and most of them told me to try Gearmaxx dual park screen protector screen protector. i bought it from ebay and used it couple months already and the experience is very good. it won't crack on it own, no dust inside, no bubble...but anyway, just my opinion, you can check the info and have a try. cheers! ;)

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
That sucks for sure, but the hardness rating is the outer surface, and remember, the harder something is, the more brittle it is, a harder glass will crack easier than a softer glass, but will be more scratch resistant.

Hummm, Diamonds are hard. I decided to go with iLoome (9H) for my Note3 this time around. I'm currently using the Zagg GLASS on my 5s and it's great. I will see how the Loome works out.