Screen dimming problem.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I haven't noticed this till lately, and I recently did a factory data reset.
Most of the time I read or study a large story the screen may dim but if you touch the screen it brightens back up.
But lately some times it goes dim and I have to push the lock screen button and start over. What am I missing?? 😠

Last edited:

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I haven't noticed this till lately, and I recently did a factory data reset.
Most of the time I read or study a large story the screen may dim but if you touch the screen it brightens back up.
But lately some times it goes dim and I have to push the lock screen button and start over. What am I missing?? 😠

This started happening to me after I upgraded to kitkat. I haven't found a resolution to it ...I end up having to bring down the notification bar and adjust my brightness there. The problem is that it's not consistent (at least not for me) ...sometimes if I touch the screen it brightens back to where it was before it dimmed ..and other items it just stays dim.

It's annoying - I've done the stuff like reboot, deleting cache (pressing the power, home & volume buttons), and I also did all the stuff recommended after installing kitkat like wiping the phone and starting over.

If you find a solution let us know :)

Sarks.

Posted via Android Central App

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Quite a few of us have this problem.
Take a look at other posts:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=320459
Seems likely it's the safety feature from the phone getting overly warm. I did find that using auto setting for brightness lessens this annoying dimming issue.

from "Ms Note 3"

I've seen that post the problem I have though is my phone isn't warm. It's not warm to the touch, and when I've checked the temperature of the phone it confirms what's in the "normal" range (I looked online for the normal temperature range for smartphones and specifically the note 3 incase there was/is a problem, also noting what those on this board have said regarding temperature as well).

It also always happens when my phone reaches the time I've set (30 secs) for the screen to go to sleep - I would think (please correct me if I'm wrong as I quite often am, haha) that if it was a heat issue then it would happen at different time periods - not just at the exact time when my screen is set to go to sleep.

I don't use auto because it's always too bright for me ...probably an ironic statement given this thread, ha ...but even though this issue doesn't happen all the time it still gets a little annoying that it will dim - I touch the screen - stays dim - and so I have to pull down the notification bar to bring it back to the brightness I need.

Let me know if the heat issue is your problem though Jalopiejoe.

Sarks.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I've seen that post the problem I have though is my phone isn't warm. It's not warm to the touch, and when I've checked the temperature of the phone it confirms what's in the "normal" range (I looked online for the normal temperature range for smartphones and specifically the note 3 incase there was/is a problem, also noting what those on this board have said regarding temperature as well).

It also always happens when my phone reaches the time I've set (30 secs) for the screen to go to sleep - I would think (please correct me if I'm wrong as I quite often am, haha) that if it was a heat issue then it would happen at different time periods - not just at the exact time when my screen is set to go to sleep.

I don't use auto because it's always too bright for me ...probably an ironic statement given this thread, ha ...but even though this issue doesn't happen all the time it still gets a little annoying that it will dim - I touch the screen - stays dim - and so I have to pull down the notification bar to bring it back to the brightness I need.

Let me know if the heat issue is your problem though Jalopiejoe.

Sarks.

No, temperature is not a problem.

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm having that problem too. Just got my note 3 four days ago. I have also noticed that if I wait for the next 30 sec and touch the screen before it turns off it come back bright.

Posted via the Android Central App

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm having that problem too. Just got my note 3 four days ago. I have also noticed that if I wait for the next 30 sec and touch the screen before it turns off it come back bright.

Posted via the Android Central App

You may actually have your screen timeout set to 30 seconds, and not having the random dimming issue we all are experiencing. If you want to change it go into settings, display, screen timeout to set it to stay fully lit for longer period of time. I find that 1 or 2 minutes is adequate for my screen timeout.

from "Ms Note 3"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez