Why won't my Galaxy Note 3 touchscreen work with my touch?

GN3Ireland

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
HELP!!! Galaxy Note 3 touchscreen won't work with fingers

Hi everyone,

I really hope someone can help, I've tried everything I can think of.

A couple of days ago, my Galaxy Note 3 decided to stop letting me operate it with my fingers.
The S-Pen still works on it, and I can use the 2 capacitive buttons on the bottom of the screen.
I have tried clearing the cache to no avail, then I backed up my phone and done a hard re-set....still nothing!
I have a plain cover on it, and it's never been dropped or anything.... it has just stopped taking finger inputs.

Thanks
Tom

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: HELP!!! Galaxy Note 3 touchscreen won't work with fingers

Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by a plain cover--a screen protector? If so, see what happens if you remove it.

I wonder if the digitizer has failed--the capacitative buttons would still work in this situation, but I don't know the details of how S-Pens work.

GN3Ireland

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site

Hi B.Diddy,

Thanks for your reply!
My phone cover is plain cover bought on eBay for GN3's, it connects onto the back of the phone and a flap covers the front (not a clear plastic screen protector), I read somewhere to remove the cover as some Samsung covers can interfere with the phone.

Anyway, I've been using the S-Pen with it now for 3 or 4 days and it's a real pain!!
Is it expensive to replace the digitizer ? (it's out of warranty and i've no phone insurance)

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

So it's still a problem after removing that case/cover?

anon(8413510)

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

I highly doubt your phone is out of warranty, should have 2 years warranty!

Posted via the Android Central App

GN3Ireland

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site

UPDATE: I phoned Samsung, and luckily they told me that my phone IS STILL IN warranty and valid until January 2015 (Thank God!).
Phone bought in October 2013, Warranty until January 2015. (Not quite sure why it's not a full 2 years as you have suggested)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress