relock bootloader

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So I came home from college and my father tells me his phone won't ota update , I reset the phone and nothing then somehow I realize he rooted his damn phone and unlocked the bootloader. Well he must have done it without knowing it. Maybe one click root or something within an app or something.

Anyways I unrooted the phone but I know the bootloader is still unlocked and can't seem to find out how to relock it. If anyone has any ideas (hopefully easy) that would be great. BTW it's a Verizon one. Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
What Android version does the phone have? Since you've unrooted the phone (can run https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.joeykrim.rootcheck&hl=en&token=K8Sc0dcu to confirm), and rebooted the phone after unrooting; what does the OTA update process give for an error message?

I wasn't aware that the Verizon boot loader was unlockable, but if it is thats great.

Its running 4.4.2. And yesni did use that to check if i was still rooted an i am not. When i install the update its in the process and then says error and reboots. I believe the bootloader is unlocked, not totally sure but in the boot screen it says samsung galaxy note 3 and at the bottom has an unlock symbol and the words "custom" underneath it. Not exactly sure what that means but i dont remember him having that before. I dont even know how he rooted his phone in the first place he is computer illiterate.

Posted via the Android Central App