Note 4 Possible early release?

rayovacson

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm with you guys, just telling you what the Samsung reps told me. 100% true. The reason I know they were being honest was they said "We aren't even being told why there are blackout dates on the 10th-12th" and this was two weeks ago. Now we find out that its coming out in Asia all of a sudden on the 10th. HMMMM.... just sayin. If its not true, I don't care, we have the date of the 17th announced, but if it is I'm glad I got to know those guys and get my phone a week early. FYI Asia had a date of the 17th too originally google release date asia Note 4.

As far as the other retailers go, I went to Verizon store - currently with AT&T but switching (and currently have an old iPhone and switching). They said the 17th but didn't know a thing about the $200 Samsung rebate and said they couldn't beat best buys deal. FYI best buys deal is this... THE PHONE IS FREE, NO ACTIVATION FEE, and $200 in Best Buy Gift Certificates if you PRE ORDER. You will have to trade in ANY smart phone. We went and bought new boost mobile smart phones for $29. The only thing you have to pay is the TAX on the deal which is $50. Verizon couldn't do anything to touch the offer, just said they had a cheaper protection plan - which is true. However you cant hang on to your phone if it breaks until your new one comes in. Verizon sends it off for repair. FYI so you guys don't think I'm pro-Verizon you can do the same deal with AT&T but I forget the name of their deal,.. perhaps "Edge"?

THREE new Samsung Note 4's for nothing plus $600 in best buy gift certificates. Enjoy buying elsewhere!

Anyway lets hope for the 10th and worst case its the 17th.

David Lees1

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm with you guys, just telling you what the Samsung reps told me. 100% true. The reason I know they were being honest was they said "We aren't even being told why there are blackout dates on the 10th-12th" and this was two weeks ago. Now we find out that its coming out in Asia all of a sudden on the 10th. HMMMM.... just sayin. If its not true, I don't care, we have the date of the 17th announced, but if it is I'm glad I got to know those guys and get my phone a week early. FYI Asia had a date of the 17th too originally google release date asia Note 4.

As far as the other retailers go, I went to Verizon store - currently with AT&T but switching (and currently have an old iPhone and switching). They said the 17th but didn't know a thing about the $200 Samsung rebate and said they couldn't beat best buys deal. FYI best buys deal is this... THE PHONE IS FREE, NO ACTIVATION FEE, and $200 in Best Buy Gift Certificates if you PRE ORDER. You will have to trade in ANY smart phone. We went and bought new boost mobile smart phones for $29. The only thing you have to pay is the TAX on the deal which is $50. Verizon couldn't do anything to touch the offer, just said they had a cheaper protection plan - which is true. However you cant hang on to your phone if it breaks until your new one comes in. Verizon sends it off for repair. FYI so you guys don't think I'm pro-Verizon you can do the same deal with AT&T but I forget the name of their deal,.. perhaps "Edge"?

THREE new Samsung Note 4's for nothing plus $600 in best buy gift certificates. Enjoy buying elsewhere!

Hmm, are you sure the phone is free? I haven't heard that anywhere.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Are you sure you didn't buy it on Verizon edge (device payment plan)? I haven't seen anything about the note 4 being free on contract.

Better yet, can you post a picture of the receipt?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Cheaper protection plan? Verizon has 2 tiers of protection plans. However, you can buy a phone at best buy without updating your protection plan. Actually, when I got my son's phone at Best Buy, I left the cheap asurion insurance on his line and added the Geek Squad protection. The Verizon one only if the phone is lost.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

rayovacson

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Guys,
I'm trying to be helpful here, not state an opinion. I just wrote a full explanation with the weblinks and android central erased it because it said I needed to have more posts before I could share a link - so I'm pulling my hair out having to rewrite this.

Here are the facts, if ANYONE has a better deal let me know. If not, please go enjoy the deal I got.

Do a google search for Best Buy $200 for pre ordering a Samsung Note 4. You'll find the Best Buy website that shows the deal. YES I am talking about using Verizon Edge but Verizon Edge is not like AT&T's NEXT program. On AT&T's program you pay MORE money per month to pay off the phone. Verizon already ADMITTEDLY has higher rates. So when you go with their Edge program you actually pay the same or LESS than if you buy the phone for $299, then sign up for their normal rate plan.

You don't need to take my word for it. Go to Verizon's website. Select a phone, select the option that you are going to have a 2 year contract and pay $299 and pick the 12gb per month data plan. Now do it again but pick the edge plan. And here is where the REAL savings come in. On AT&T or Verizon its $40 per person to add to your account. If they are on the Edge Plan its $15 to add them. Also you don't pay the $50 activation fee if you chose the edge plan.

So now do the math with me. I got 3 phones, we are attaching to our parents plan. We didn't pay $1000 (with tax) for 3 phones. We didn't pay $150 for 3 new activations, and we got $600 in Best Buy Gift Certificates. Our monthly rate is actually $7 cheaper than if we had done this:

$1000 for 3 phones + $150 for 3 new activations with 2 year contracts where you can not upgrade for 2 years.

Not worth arguing with me about. Go to the websites, go in the stores, and simply ask. I went to 3 stores at least a dozen times to verify rates, plans, and phone prices. I have nothing to gain in this, just want to let everyone know the awesome news if you are a Samsung Note 4 fan looking for a good deal.

FYI - This deal works well for 1 person. It works INCREDIBLY well if you have a family doing it. And as far as the "WRONG" comment, just do a google search before you comment.

Best of luck, its the final couple weeks! Don't miss a pre-order deal wherever you chose to go to get it!

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

It is the 17th official, not the 10th or the 12th. Those days are blacked out for store changes the week before.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Guys,
I'm trying to be helpful here, not state an opinion. I just wrote a full explanation with the weblinks and android central erased it because it said I needed to have more posts before I could share a link - so I'm pulling my hair out having to rewrite this.

Here are the facts, if ANYONE has a better deal let me know. If not, please go enjoy the deal I got.

Do a google search for Best Buy $200 for pre ordering a Samsung Note 4. You'll find the Best Buy website that shows the deal. YES I am talking about using Verizon Edge but Verizon Edge is not like AT&T's NEXT program. On AT&T's program you pay MORE money per month to pay off the phone. Verizon already ADMITTEDLY has higher rates. So when you go with their Edge program you actually pay the same or LESS than if you buy the phone for $299, then sign up for their normal rate plan.

You don't need to take my word for it. Go to Verizon's website. Select a phone, select the option that you are going to have a 2 year contract and pay $299 and pick the 12gb per month data plan. Now do it again but pick the edge plan. And here is where the REAL savings come in. On AT&T or Verizon its $40 per person to add to your account. If they are on the Edge Plan its $15 to add them. Also you don't pay the $50 activation fee if you chose the edge plan.

So now do the math with me. I got 3 phones, we are attaching to our parents plan. We didn't pay $1000 (with tax) for 3 phones. We didn't pay $150 for 3 new activations, and we got $600 in Best Buy Gift Certificates. Our monthly rate is actually $7 cheaper than if we had done this:

$1000 for 3 phones + $150 for 3 new activations with 2 year contracts where you can not upgrade for 2 years.

Not worth arguing with me about. Go to the websites, go in the stores, and simply ask. I went to 3 stores at least a dozen times to verify rates, plans, and phone prices. I have nothing to gain in this, just want to let everyone know the awesome news if you are a Samsung Note 4 fan looking for a good deal.

FYI - This deal works well for 1 person. It works INCREDIBLY well if you have a family doing it. And as far as the "WRONG" comment, just do a google search before you comment.

Best of luck, its the final couple weeks! Don't miss a pre-order deal wherever you chose to go to get it!

Few things
-you didn't get the phone free, you paid full retail for it on a device payment plan (Verizon edge). Any device bought without subsidy qualifies for 5 he $25 discount. You can buy a $100 phone off of eBay and qualify.
-Verizon activation fee is $35 (unless things changed recently)
-You might want to consider going to the 15gb tier to get another free 15gb.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

You are paying for those phones somehow, they'll make sure of it.

Posted via Android Central App