Note 4 S Note Compatibility with Pro 12.2

Agfadoc

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I received my Note 4 and love it, but my S notes can't be sync'd from my Note 8 or Note 10.1 (2013). Yes I can convert the old notes but then it limits me to only creating notes from the Note 4. They are obviously incompatible versions. I am aware of Lecture Notes, OneNote and Evernote, but I like the S note features and would like to stay within the Samsung eco sphere.

I did root my Note 8 and try the S5 notes from XDA, but it isn't syncing, have tried everything to get them to sync. Likely never going to happen.

So I was looking at the Note Pro 12.2, and wondered if anyone has the Note Pro12.2 and Note 4 and if the Snotes are compatible versions where a note can be created and synced between the two from either device.

Any help would be appreciated before I pull the trigger. Thanks.

skittlepop

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: S Note Compatibility with Pro 12.2

Needing a new tablet myself I have also looked at the note pro 12.2 and wondered about note function compatability since features have seemed to change a good bit since last iteration. There was also rumors back in the summer of a 4k version of the Note Pro 12.2 coming soon, but those have disappeared. Need an updated Note tab to go with this sweet new beast of a phone.

Agfadoc

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

It would be nice if Samsung managed their Snote app like the other Note app developers to manage across platforms. I did download the PC version of Snote from the UK Samsung to use the Snote app, but it's clunky in comparison. The web site indicated in the Note 4 - Snote- Settings- accounts section (at the bottom) tell you to go to SAMSUNG KOREA which is a Korean language site and I can't find a US version. It does work, but nothing like Evernote and Onenote. Here is the link for the PC Software from the UK Support site:

S Note

Again, I wish Samsung would think outside the box and get Snote to play well among its own products and across platforms

Anyone with a Note Pro 12.2 to tell us if they play well together?

Agfadoc

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

For the record, I am getting around all of this by syncing with Evernote and having all my devices store the notes there for my central location of notes. It just isn't seamless as I would like.

Sdn2995

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

It would be nice if Samsung managed their Snote app like the other Note app developers to manage across platforms. I did download the PC version of Snote from the UK Samsung to use the Snote app, but it's clunky in comparison. The web site indicated in the Note 4 - Snote- Settings- accounts section (at the bottom) tell you to go to SAMSUNG KOREA which is a Korean language site and I can't find a US version. It does work, but nothing like Evernote and Onenote. Here is the link for the PC Software from the UK Support site:

S Note

Again, I wish Samsung would think outside the box and get Snote to play well among its own products and across platforms

Anyone with a Note Pro 12.2 to tell us if they play well together?

Finally a post i can answer. Yes the 12.2 and the note 4 s notes play well together. I enter in notes on both devices and they sync to each other when the samsung account syncs. Now I'm not sure how soon it will push to the other device, i didnt keep track of that, but i did enter a note and manually did a sync to make sure they were playing nice, and the notes i did see weren't just from changing everything over during my set up of the note 4.

Now I'm not sure if this makes a difference but i do have a google and samsung account that i keep backed up and i also used the backup and restore feature of both of those accounts when setting up the new phone as well as using the samsung smart switch app which put everything on my sd card and restored from there as well.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Finally a post i can answer. Yes the 12.2 and the note 4 s notes play well together. I enter in notes on both devices and they sync to each other when the samsung account syncs. Now I'm not sure how soon it will push to the other device, i didnt keep track of that, but i did enter a note and manually did a sync to make sure they were playing nice, and the notes i did see weren't just from changing everything over during my set up of the note 4.

Now I'm not sure if this makes a difference but i do have a google and samsung account that i keep backed up and i also used the backup and restore feature of both of those accounts when setting up the new phone as well as using the samsung smart switch app which put everything on my sd card and restored from there as well.

I have the Note Pro 12.2 and will get the Note 4 tonight @ Verizon. Thanks for confirming!