Verizon Note 4 and Battery Life

Alexander Burnside

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I've had my phone since the 22nd and so far with the exception of the honeymoon 24 hour period where I was playing with it and getting it set up to my liking, my battery life hasn't dropped below 50% after a full day without charging. I am not a power user - I listen to my music on my phone all day and I draw every now and again with the s pen. I don't have unlimited data, so I rarely use my phone to stream music or video - My 4G only gets used for skype and navigation on occasion. My phone for a good majority of the time, but there are instances, like when I'm using duolingo on my phone that I'm actively using it for expended periods. I have S Health running at all times, because I like being reminded to get up and walk around throughout the day; that doesn't seem to be affecting my battery life much. Even if it is, I find it worth the cost.

I plan on putting some emulated games on my phone, but I don't expect to be able to play games for long periods without a charger nearby. Jury is out on how much that will affect the battery life

I use power saving mode while I'm out and turn it off when I'm in the house. I usually charge my phone to 100 before bed and leave it on ultra power saver overnight so I can use it as a clock near my bed.

That's my usage, and I'm very happy with it - My only point of comparison is my S4, which I was also happy with. I feel like this battery lasts at least as long and charges at least 2x faster. Pretty impressive considering the screen must pull way more power for it's size.

I am sure I could do more to extend the battery life too, but I don't need to with my usage so far.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
oh good.. for some reason today now google services has a ridiculous wake lock for no apparent reason lol.

do any of you guys just watch your percentage drop pretty much anytime you turn the screen on and start using it? I do. like never fails, everytime i pick it up, turn screen on and use for maybe a minute, percentage just drops. making me paranoid. I should really turn off the percentage in the status bar but meh.

One thing I do on all my phones is turn off showing the battery percentage. Otherwise you'll become obsessed with it and constantly turn your phone on to see what it is, which in turn uses battery. It's a vicious cycle.

I followed this thread for a little bit, so sorry if this has been mentioned before. Did you try a factory reset? The first thing I do when I walk out of a Verizon store, or get a phone in the mail is a factory data reset. Seems to do the trick each time.

Maybe you have a bad battery/phone too. Swap it while still in the 14 days and you'll get a new one; after 14 days you get a CPO.

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
One thing I do on all my phones is turn off showing the battery percentage. Otherwise you'll become obsessed with it and constantly turn your phone on to see what it is, which in turn uses battery. It's a vicious cycle.

I followed this thread for a little bit, so sorry if this has been mentioned before. Did you try a factory reset? The first thing I do when I walk out of a Verizon store, or get a phone in the mail is a factory data reset. Seems to do the trick each time.

Maybe you have a bad battery/phone too. Swap it while still in the 14 days and you'll get a new one; after 14 days you get a CPO.

nah, i'm not going to swap it out, my phones perfect. i've dealt with swapping phones and for once in my life i just want a phone that's perfect right away, and my note is.

it's not a bad phone; everyone always jumped to that conclusion when i spoke of battery life on every phone i've had..so i highly doubt every phone i bought intthe past 4 years was bad, ya know? it's just my usage i suppose. either way, the g2 was just a battery beast though, and with a lower resolution screen, it would hold a charge forever. today my usage is a bit better, more along the lines of what my G2 would get (not the best, but the middle of the road battery id get with the G2).

i haven't done a factory reset yet though, but that's a good idea. i'll keep that in mind! i just have everything setup now so im gonna enjoy using it before i mess with it again lol

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
today I'm doing well. 14 hours 40 minutes off charger, 51 percent battery left and 2.5 hours screen on time. that's typically what I got with my g2 which I guess is pretty good here for how I use my phone!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Like mentioned before, once the honeymoon was over my battery life has been pretty great. I came from an S5 and I would say they're both are pretty close; the N4 might edge it out, but its too early to tell.

I did turn all the bloat off, and I set my social media apps to never update. 2 email accounts with push. Average user I would say.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-27-19-13-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-27-19-13-43.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_2014-10-27-19-13-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-27-19-13-49.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 43

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
yesterday I did pretty well!
c2e7d119878abb6f55309232152272af.jpg
f3d52ed285c4bf645778eeb98ad51ecb.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.

gregoryskim

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I am able to only get 5 hours of one screen time? Could you please post you on screen time and what apps you have running? Greatly appreciated.

tallguy5

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Mine has been great, but I came from the S3, so anything was an upgrade. I can easily go a day and a half, if not more without a charge with moderate use over the course of a workday. I haven't turned any options off, the only change I made was switching to Nova Launcher, but I highly doubt that did anything to help battery life. It's interesting to know that there's such a variation in battery life though.

Prometheus90

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Is it weird thatt at 100 percent my phone goes from full charge to 96% in 6 hours of idle time. Is my battery mess up on my note 4 or it a normal thing with the note

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has been awesome, and I stay on my phone. Internet, music, calls, text, I do it all, all day and my charge will last me all day. Wonder why some people's differ.

Posted via the Android Central App

teslas

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
My wife is a lighter user. When she got home from work the first day of having her note 4, she had 86%!

Posted via the Android Central App

new2thisyeah

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
With light-moderate use, I got 2 1/2 days. With moderate-heavy use, i got like 1 1/2 - 2 days. With heavy use, I got a little over a day. I bet if you just casually check the phone, you could easily get 3 days.

NOTE: I disabled most of the bloatware, turned off most of the sound options, and sometimes used the power-saving options.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez