Google Now - Multiple Work Locations?

o0Grinder0o

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
When using Google Now, are you able to input multiple (2) work locations? I split time between two offices (MWF at one, TTH at another) and was wondering if this was possible... I have been going through all the menus and options and have not seen this listed anywhere. Thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, nope, you can only set one Work Location and one Home Location for each Google account :(

You can set your second workplace as a favorite, and if you commute between the two regularly, Google Now will start suggesting transit times and directions on its own if you're somewhat constant on your travel there and times. But saying "Navigate to Work" would only work for a single location.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Vampire? Lol

So my phone wants to navigate to work and home, but it is about a mile. Can I stop it from doing this?

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Not that this helps you, but I did find a way to rename "Work.

Google NOW shows on my device as "xx minutes to Hell".

:D

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha How'd you manage to do that?

As for the Navigation suggestions, whenever you see that card again, you can tell it to stop suggesting it by tapping on the three little dots at the bottom. This, unfortunately, would prevent the card from coming up again, even if you are driving from somewhere else.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I hate how Google does that. We should be able to add as many places as we want. I would like to have one for school, work, my house and whatever else.

Here are some alternatives though...

Maybe say the name of your work place. Google might recognize it.

One that's less obvious is to create a contact for that place. Let's say the name of your work place is Bob. Go in your contacts and create a Bob contact with the address of your work place. When you tell Google to give you directions to Bob. It will actually be giving you directions to your work.

I legit thought of this just now so thank you for pushing my mind to think outside of the box cause I've been wanting to do something like this for the longest and it just hit me. Lol.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I hate how Google does that. We should be able to add as many places as we want. I would like to have one for school, work, my house and whatever else.

Here are some alternatives though...

Maybe say the name of your work place. Google might recognize it.

One that's less obvious is to create a contact for that place. Let's say the name of your work place is Bob. Go in your contacts and create a Bob contact with the address of your work place. When you tell Google to give you directions to Bob. It will actually be giving you directions to your work.

I legit thought of this just now so thank you for pushing my mind to think outside of the box cause I've been wanting to do something like this for the longest and it just hit me. Lol.

Does that work? I once tried it and it wouldn't pick up directions from Contacts. Then again, I tried it in the very early days of Google Now, so something might have changed.

And again, you CAN add multiple places as favorites. The annoying part is that, at least to the last time I tried, you cannot rename them to something actually useful.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Works for me. And I know about favorites. I have them but it really isn't efficient at all. Lol

Attachments

• 1414801884492.jpg
    1414801884492.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 13