Note 4 Camera shutter speed.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
There have been some on here who have suggested that the shutter on the Note 4 is slow and when you take pictures of moving objects they show up blurred. That is true, unless you use sports mode. I have shot pictures in good light of fast moving objects, such as motorcycles, and I am impressed with how in focus everything was. It's not the fastest shutter in the world, that is, if you take a picture of a working fan, the blades will not appear like they are stopped, like in some other more expensive cameras I have used. But for the purpose of most I think you will be happy. Always use the right mode for the shot you are taking if you want the best results.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah sport mode is excellent. Shutter speed in sport mode beats the 6 plus. But the 6 plus does better with low light motion though.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
My Nikon doesn't do phone calls very well. My phone doesn't do photos very well. Surprise, surprise! :) (the right tool for the job...convenience is going to exact a toll)

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I took a couple of photos with my Note 4. Auto, HDR on. Shutter speed seems the same if not slightly faster than my GS4. Will test it out more but I certainly didn't notice any lag yet.

coldspring22

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
You can sort of control it - exposure is determined by shutter speed, aperture, iso. Since aperture is fixed, if you crank up iso and drop exposure compensation to -2, then you are minimizing shutter speed. I tested this with open camera which allow manual iso and exposure compensation. The pictures are grainy, but it shows better freezing of motion indoor than sports mode.

MrMELTDOWN

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
I wish there was a camera app that gave you manual control over the shutter.

I believe there is if you have the 5.1.1 update. I could be wrong but I think I remember reading that on one of the premium app descriptions. I want it too and RAW support would be awesome.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress