Need help wtih pics transfer?

C.K400

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, I have been out of the android world for about 2 years and just traded my iPhone 6 for a note 4! I'm very happy with it! My question is I have got all my pics organized and in one file with sub folders named accordingly for the pics inside. When I plug in my note 4 what folder do I put this file in? I have a 32gig ultra HD 4K SD card installed as well. Do I put them in the SD card or in the phone memory? I can not remember how to do this. Thanks in advance for any one who can help me!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you asking about moving the photos from your iPhone over to the Note 4? In general, it's probably best to copy them to the SD card (there's probably a directory called Pictures or Photos on it already). But be aware that SD cards can sometimes be buggy (especially on Samsung devices), so definitely keep them backed up somewhere reliable like your computer's hard drive or in a cloud service like Google+ Photos.

If the photos are all on your iPhone, I think the easiest way would be to unmount the SD card from the Note 4 (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and insert it into your computer. Then connect your iPhone via USB to the computer, and use the computer's file explorer to copy the photos over to the SD card. While you're at it, you should also copy them to the computer's hard drive as a backup. Then put the SD card back into the Note 4.

C.K400

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
No, I already have moved them from the iPhone 6 to my laptop and organized them and have the file ready to be put on the note 4. No iPhone is involved in anyway. Just need to know where to put the file.

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I would copy them to your SD and keep the ones on your computer as a backup. I created a folder on the SD called pics then copied all the photo folders to that location.

Diggin this Note 4