Anyone else noticing when unlocking the screen, that Google play comes up with app recommendations?

jedi105

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
That when you unlock the screen (swipe to unlock) Google Play launches with some app recommendations. Today, it actually downloaded an app without my permission. I only noticed it when the icon appeared on the home screen. I have noticed this off an on for awhile now but all of a sudden, it has been more frequent. I'm on Verizon still running 4.4.4. Any ideas why and how to stop it without root?

HenryJacob8

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Anyone else noticing

That when you unlock the screen (swipe to unlock) Google Play launches with some app recommendations. Today, it actually downloaded an app without my permission. I only noticed it when the icon appeared on the home screen. I have noticed this off an on for awhile now but all of a sudden, it has been more frequent. I'm on Verizon still running 4.4.4. Any ideas why and how to stop it without root?

I have noticed the same thing but do not have an answer

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site

AT&T Note 4, running 4.4.4. I haven't had that happen on mine. Home screen comes up normally when I unlock the screen.

Posted via the Android Central App on my bodaciously awesome Note 4!

jwt873

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

I'm running 4.4.4 on my Note 4 with Rogers Canada. I use the fingerprint unlock. I've never seen Google play start up when I didn't want it to.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site

Install airpush detector and run it even though it says you don't have to on your phone. It should show the offending app that is probably doing this. It is probably an app with some sort of pushy ads and is activated at screen unlock. Good luck and hope it works.

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site

Nothing has happened here.
I recommend Clean Master. If cleans your current apps, and gives you other apps that help you make the best of your phone.
Especially if you play games a lot, it can really boost your experience.
How this helps.

Posted via the Android Central App

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

Im on verizon, and the only thing ive noticed is in the last week when i unlock my screen the message "contacts has stopped working" pops up. I have t changed anything and its annoying

Verizon Note4 w/ Tech 21 case

jedi105

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

I have used Air push in the past but completely forgot about it. Thanks
I ran it and lo and behold, Crossy Road turned up to be the offending app. Sheesh. I downloaded it on Android Centrals recommendation for mindless time wasters and played it once. Uninstalled. Lets see if it happens again. Funny thin though, as soon as I posted this question, it stopped happening......cue creepy music...

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

I am having the same issue

Sent from my beautiful white NOTE 4!!

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, I did notice something strange yesterday and today. When I unlocked my phone, the browser app launched to show an ad. I'm on Verizon too. Gonna have to keep an eye on it.

whtchdr

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I've seen this randomly to on the Verizon Note 4. Wasn't sure what was causing it. I'm going to try the air push app to try and find out.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I also wonder if this could be an add type browser taking over like they do when you click on an add during a search instead of on the official site...this happened to me in dolphin browser a while back and I uninstalled it for that reason. If addpush detector doesn't work look at your search and proxy settings and make sure nothing has changed. if it's an add on browser uninstall but before you uninstall back up your media, as when I uninstalled my browser last time it seemed to delete or hide my camera photos and videos.
I did reinstall the browser after a while and had no problems at that time.

jneely3434

May 21, 2015
Visit site

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site

muwahaha...are they really listening?
Last summer, my brother and I, were using Google maps to navigate . I said, wow thats a cheesy sounding voice they use. 30 seconds later, i looked at the screen, there was, low and behold, a prompt to download a different sounding voice. I actually have seen a post on here, that someone else said the exact same thing happened to them. Be aware, Google is, ALWAYS listening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress