Samsung Galaxy Note 4 ibolt won't play Audio through Car Speakers

misfit45

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Please can someone help.

I am new to the forums and I have had a look through but cannot find an answer to my question.

I previously had a Galaxy S4 that I used with my ibolt Dock station in my car, and to get Audio through my speakers I used the 3.5mm jack from the headphone socket into my 3.5mm socket in my car.

I have just bought a Note 4, and even though I can still connect my phone with the ibolt using the mini USB as before, when I plug the 3.5mm cable the sound only comes out through the phone.

Hopefully this is something easy to sort, but is driving me mad.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Misfit

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I remember having the same problem with my Note 4 and Ibolt dock, I forget the reason why but for some reason you can't do that with the Note 4. Maybe someone else can chime in on why it was again. I am able to play the GPS through my car stereo by going through Bluetooth on my Car Stereo and the Note 4, then you can hear it through the speakers like you would like to. That's what I love about Android, usually some kind of workaround for a problem like this.

spotnjack

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I think it might be a compatibility issue. I just did a quick (and admittedly, not very thorough) search for compatibility and the iBolt site doesn't mention the Note 4 as being a compatible device. You might try contacting them and seeing if the Note 4 is compatible; maybe it's just a setting issue on the phone. I used to use the iBolt when I had my S4, and it seems that it was kinda picky about the settings. Good luck.

jwt873

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
It sounds like it might be a problem with the patch cord. The 3.5 mm jack may not be going in properly.

With any 3.5mm jack plugged in to the Note, you shouldn't hear sound through the speakers. It doesn't matter whether it's your iBolt or a set of earphones. There's a switch in the socket that cuts out the Note speaker so you don't hear the sound from the Note speaker when you have another device connected.

It could be that the plug on your patch cord isn't long enough to properly connect with the Note. If you have a case, the thickness of the case could be preventing it from going in all the way. If you have a case, remove the Note and try it without.. If that doesn't work, then maybe try another cord.

misfit45

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Thanks jwt873,

The length of the cord is long enough and I don't have a case on it, but I hadn't noticed if it was all the way in (I presumed it was, but hadn't checked), I will check this when I go to work this morning. Hopefully it's something as simple as that, I hadn't thought of that, so thank you.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I use my ibolt with a bluttooth stereo but your problem is just a setting in sound,, that's all. I don't remember what but I will go look. It's just as simple as checking a box.

NOTE 4,, GO BIG OR GO HOME!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Go in accessories and see if dock sound is checked, if not check it and try

NOTE 4,, GO BIG OR GO HOME!

spotnjack

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
This is what I remember; I had to do this before too. But I haven't used mine in so long I wouldn't have remembered it. Hopefully this is all it is.

toolfreak941

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Nothing suggested here works. I bought the longer cable and NFC tag from iBolt, but the new USB cable doesn't have the audio out. What gives? Is this phone simply incapable of outputting audio this way?

Lizzrd

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Nothing suggested here works. I bought the longer cable and NFC tag from iBolt, but the new USB cable doesn't have the audio out. What gives? Is this phone simply incapable of outputting audio this way?
I'd like to bump this topic back into discussion as this is exactly the problem I'm having with my S6 and my new iBolt dock. anyone found a workable solution? If I use a separate 3.5mm cord, inn able to get audio through the vehicle. Previously I had an S4 with the iBolt specific to that device and had no trouble. I've tried using the micro USB/3.5mm combo cord that came with the S4 dock, but it's not working.

Meh.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

annu naki

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I have same problem. My new Note4 cannot connect to the car stereo aux. via headphone jack. It was working well with my old Note3 and S3.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I had note 4 and I remember it was a setting in the phone,, I forget what it was called,, go into settings, go down to system,, the green ones. Hit accessories, it's one of them settings I believe, check dock sound.

Note 5 is DOPE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress