How do I update contact defaults in How do I update contact Lollipop

AJErvin12

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Good morning, I the past it has been very simple to link contacts and choose default pictures, etc to customize each contact. In Lollipop I have not been able to figure this out and can't find the answer anywhere? Does anyone know how to affords this? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In the Contacts app, when you select a contact and tap the Edit button, is there a "Change" button next to the contact photo? If not, then tap Menu--is there an option to change the photo there?

AJErvin12

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
In the Contacts app, when you select a contact and tap the Edit button, is there a "Change" button next to the contact photo? If not, then tap Menu--is there an option to change the photo there?

Neither option exists. This used to be an easy process. I'm last as to why it would be eliminated or changed.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Neither option exists. This used to be an easy process. I'm last as to why it would be eliminated or changed.

Did this about 300 times today. Choose a contact. Tap edit. Touch contact photo or default faceless icon. Done.

Like I said, I changed/updated about 300 contact photos today on 5.0.1.

AJErvin12

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I understand how to add a photo to a contract, but what I'm trying to do is change the display photo on a contract that has multiple accounts linked. For example, Facebook, Google+, and the Contacts app. Each has a different photo. How do I select which photo is displayed for a respective contact? This used to be simple in Kit Kate, but I can't figure it out in Lollipop.

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I understand how to add a photo to a contract, but what I'm trying to do is change the display photo on a contract that has multiple accounts linked. For example, Facebook, Google+, and the Contacts app. Each has a different photo. How do I select which photo is displayed for a respective contact? This used to be simple in Kit Kate, but I can't figure it out in Lollipop.

Isn't the Google contact photo the default photo on any linked contact? It is on mine running lollipop and it was when I was running kit kat. I never tried changing it and I really didn't think I could.

AJErvin12

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Isn't the Google contact photo the default photo on any linked contact? It is on mine running lollipop and it was when I was running kit kat. I never tried changing it and I really didn't think I could.

Yes, but it can be changed and for some reason it is working for some and not for others. I did get it to work with this fake contact I created, but it's not working on the Contacts I already have. I added a few screenshots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-04-14-59-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-04-14-59-39.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 139
  • Screenshot_2015-04-04-15-01-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-04-15-01-03.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 139
  • Screenshot_2015-04-04-15-00-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-04-15-00-51.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 144

Nicholas Thurman1

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone found a solution to this? Or is this just another bug within the Lollipop update? I just got the Galaxy S6 Edge and noticed this and it's annoying. Hopefully someone finds a solution soon. :)

mplourde

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem as well with my Galaxy S6 Edge. For example, I have a contact from Google, Facebook and LinkedIn linked. Their LinkedIn page doesn't have a photo and it is making that the primary and I want to switch it to the Facebook that does have a photo but haven't figured out how to do so.

MikaTheAss

May 4, 2015
Visit site
This problem has bothered me a lot; like others said, the 'Mark as Default' feature works in older Android versions/currently with new contacts, but not with old contacts in Lollipop.

However I believe I have found a (cumbersome) work-around.

Go to a contact you want to change the default picture for. If that contact has an email listed, add a new email (a nonsense letter like 'a' works). Save the contact; the application should now notify you the contact has more than one email address and asks you to pick a default. It then takes you to a screen where you can select any default option: contact picture, phone number, etc.

If your contact has no email I imagine adding two new ones would work just as fine.

This worked for me on my Samsung Galaxy S5. It's not the nicest fix but a fix nonetheless. Hopefully it works for all of you

Mary Beth Bossert

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same issue and deleted the LinkedIn app and reinstalled it. When I reinstalled, I did NOT sync contacts. Now all of my contact pics are back.

Joe Zayas

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue however I will wait for an easier fix as I have too many contacts with multiple links and creating an extra email is not a solution for me.

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone figured out a solution of any sort for this? It blows my mind how it just doesnt work. It will show a Google tab, and then a Facebook tab for each contact with the correct photo, but no matter what it will always default to the Google photo.

rai chu

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
You can only put an image to your contact details if the information such as the cp number is saved on your device. Not on sim card.