Any Verizon Lollipop battery drains?

mk20051#AC

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I have not seen any difference in battery drain since I've went to Lollipop. I use my phone on my breaks and lunches and work an 8 hour day, with a 40 minute drive to work. My phone was at 85% when I left work. I always toggle mobile data off when heading back to work.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I haven't reset, haven't cleared cache, battery is draining about 25% faster with same use. 2 days into update here

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I did the factory reset after the lollipop install. My battery life is normal. I just want to say that to everyone, sometimes we waste more time trying to figure out how not to spend any time on something...

What I mean by that is... If anything is bothering you, even if you think that something is bothering you... just do the factory reset... :)

Posted via the Android Central App

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I did the factory reset after the lollipop install. My battery life is normal. I just want to say that to everyone, sometimes we waste more time trying to figure out how not to spend any time on something...

What I mean by that is... If anything is bothering you, even if you think that something is bothering you... just do the factory reset... :)

Yeah I'm going to say ain't no body got time for that.. I never drain my phone and I have a back up battery charger pack that I also never use.. Hopefully this just improves.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Cell standby seems to be a battery hog...?I never seemed to see it in battery usage before towards the top.. I have 78% left right now and normal I get home in 6-7 hours from now with 70.. And no different use. I'm happy to ride this out a week. The phone DOES seem snappier and the os more crisp and stable. But if I was more a power user I wouldn't be so calm

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Now that the reset has been done and things are settling down, I did a stand by test this morning. The phone is using no more and maybe less than 1 percent per hour on standby. I find this fair and a sign the phone is healthy. Today I will use it as normal. I am sure I will get a full day out of the battery again.

kobe008

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I got 5 and a half hours screen on time. Before the update I could barely get 4 hours. Most of this screen on time was streaming twitch which really ran the battery down before.

Grndlvl

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
So I woke up this morning to the alert that I had an update. It was the update before the update. I took the phone off of the charger at 0600 with 100% batter. I did both and they were completed by 0700 and the battery had drained to 50%. I left the phone in my truck while I was in a building. I came back out at 1000 and the battery was at 9%. So, 50% down to 9% in three hours with nothing happening. I reset the cache at 0700. I am about to do a factory reset and see what I get.

Also, every 30 seconds or so, I get an error that pops up and then goes away on it's own: "Unfortunately, com.sec.imsservice has stopped"

mrtwohands

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I did a reset and wipe cache. After w few days it seems to be working itself out somewhat. However, it is till not as good as it was on kitkat. Other than the battery life issue I am really liking the update.

Grndlvl

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if I'm doing a factory reset wrong. I see people saying that they lost very little by doing the reset. I lose pretty much everything (apps, settings, etc) even though I'm backed up. So now, I'm (im)patiently waiting for all of my apps to re-download so that I can log back into them and re-set up my home screens.

All that being said, when I can use the phone, I'm liking what I'm seeing.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
My battery life is horrible now. I went from 100 percent to 0 percent before my spare battery could even get to 80 percent charged in thr extra battery kit. I hope this is temporary.

mrtwohands

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering if I'm doing a factory reset wrong. I see people saying that they lost very little by doing the reset. I lose pretty much everything (apps, settings, etc) even though I'm backed up. So now, I'm (im)patiently waiting for all of my apps to re-download so that I can log back into them and re-set up my home screens.

All that being said, when I can use the phone, I'm liking what I'm seeing.
When you're doing a factory reset your phone should return to the state it was in when you first got it. Taking it thru setup wizard. You're literally starting over with the device

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
This is just an opinion based on my time since update. I think what we're all not realizing is, because it's an all new operating system, we are ALL playing with the phones more than we normally do. It's the desire to try out the new features, check all of our apps to see if they still work, post more on the forums (like we are right now). If we all let the Lollipop NEWNESS wear off, I bet we'll ALL have a better awareness of ACTUAL battery life. Just sayin'! ;)

Nope. Standby is much better. Initially my thought was there was no change in battery life post update. However, after using my device normally at work today, it's draining noticeably faster...