USB in car - Media player

mrcil20

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I have a USB port in my car that I used to plug my iPhone in (in my ancient life...). With that setup, It was really connected to my car audio (Kia, UVO). I could play songs, by artist, by album, ramdom start playlist, everything directly from my car screen. I was even able to control it with the UVO voice system. My phone was charging, playing music, and giving me directions all at the same time with that only USB cable.
Now that I have my note 4, if I connect it to the USB port, my car audio search and try to connect but after a while, I get a message that it could'nt.

Is this something I can do to make this work with my Android phone? Is it an Apple only thing? Weird because my car UVO system is powered by Microsoft :eek:

I can stream audio via bluetooth but this is very far from what I was able to do before.

I'm confused about how to set things up in the car because if I listen to music from another media source, like USB drive or internal jukebox, I can't have the voice navigation to go out from my car speakers.

How do you hook things up in your car?

I miss my iPhone, but JUST because of this ;) so don't advise me to go back :p

jwt873

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
You're Kia is probably like my Hyundai.. The radio is said to be 'iPod capable' and as such, my Note 4 doesn't get recognized when plugged directly in to the USB port. (But my iPad does).

I can also stream music from the phone to the radio over Bluetooth, or I can wire it directly by connecting it to the AUX port with a 3.5mm stereo cable.

What I've done is copied my music library over to it's own USB stick. The USB stick works well with my Hyundai stereo and this has become my preferred method of listening to recorded music in the car.

Lukas Wilk

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
There are dual usb sticks with a normal usb on one and a micro usb port on the other side. You can put it in your phone, copy your music, and then put it in the usb port in your car. Job done.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer