Why doesn't my Galaxy Note 4 notification LED light up any longer when I get a text?

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Galaxy Note 4 Notification LED

Now that I have the 5.0.1 update installed for my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 I'm not a happy camper. There are a slew of small issues that I find annoying but there is one big issue. I have searched high and low but can't seem to find anything addressing this issue directly. The notification LED no longer lights up when I get a text, email, missed call, etc. Instead I have to constantly press the power button to see if I have any missed notifications. This is situation that doesn't work for me. Does anyone know of anyone to re-enable this feature back. And if your suggestion is to install some application, please don't bother to comment as I have no plan on installing an application to re-enable a feature that my phone came with as stock and don't want everyone chiming in with different applications that they favor. Thanks in advance!

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 4 Notification LED

You may have already tried this, but it may help to toggle the LED indicator option to On (if in Off state), reboot phone, and see if that option sticks. If it does, then see if the notification light starts working.

I'm also on 5.0.1 but with Verizon. The builds may be different due to carrier requirements. Maybe some other T-Mobile Note 4 users can help with more ideas.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Notification light not working | Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums may help.

Interestingly, I don't have Accessibility\Vision\Notification Reminder set to On. It's set to Off, and I've not ventured into that setting until trying to research this problem. For me, the LED indicator is set to On as noted above.

It may not hurt to try setting your Vision\Notification Reminder to On if its Off and see if that makes a difference.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site

Thanks, that did the trick! I saw that option last night but the description says it would make the phone beep so I didn't touch it.

*EDIT* That option isn't going to work for me long term. Even at the longest interval of 1 hour I don't want my phone sounding off as if it's a new message. Why Google had to "F" up a system that "just worked" confuses me.

Last edited:

biggin747

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site

Thanks, that did the trick! I saw that option last night but the description says it would make the phone beep so I didn't touch it.

*EDIT* That option isn't going to work for me long term. Even at the longest interval of 1 hour I don't want my phone sounding off as if it's a new message. Why Google had to "F" up a system that "just worked" confuses me.

I had the same problem, after a bunch of digging I found they have put an option under display to toggle the LED indicator light on or off. I ound it under Settings/display/LED indicator. Hope this helps.