Downloaded Touchwiz by accident and can not get back to how my phone was set up!! How can I get it back to how it was?

Allisonlynn614

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Downloaded Touchwiz by accident and can not get back to how my phone was set up!!

I am new to this forum, actually its the only forum I was ever on. I have been trying to research my issue for over an hour now and I need an answer that is put into the simplest terms. A lot of the questions and answers are to techy for me to understand, I am also coming from having an iphone for the 6 years to having a Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

If someone could answer my question and dumb it down for me I would really appreciate it.
I downloaded Touchwiz (I was just trying to download a new calendar) and my whole phone changed. I spent the weekend adding widgets to the different pages and putting my apps into specific folders, but once I downloaded Touchwiz everything disappeared. I want to get my phone back to the way it was when I first purchased it. I have had this phone for a few months so I don't want to do anything that would delete all of my pictures, videos or apps.

All I want is to get rid of this touchwiz and get the stock setting or whatever the original setup was called back the way I had it set up before I lost it.

I know some people are going to think I am stupid, and yes I will agree with them. I am very stupid when it comes to Android devices. If someone is feeling nice enough to explain this to me in the simplest terms (like you are talking to a 2nd grader) I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!!

Bilal Shakir

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Downloaded Touchwiz by accident and can not get back to how my phone was set up!!

TouchWiz is the stock operating system, but there's several launchers that's preloaded on the note 4,Z Launcher, Google Now to name a few,go to settings, applications then default application, then click home to change your launcher, you mentioned you downloaded TouchWiz which is hard to understand because TouchWiz is the stock OS for Samsung products, but once you click home,then select TouchWiz home then your phone will be as it was before.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Bilal Shakir

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Downloaded Touchwiz by accident and can not get back to how my phone was set up!!

Also you can go to the playstore and download the "everything me "launcher which is really cool and gives your Note an awesome look.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

I would also add that you could have entered TouchWiz's Easy Mode, which changes things around as well. It's hard to tell which one you were using first and set up before (but worry not, as long as you didn't wipe your phone to factory resets, those settings and arrangements are still there, we just need to figure out which launcher version you were using).

Like Bilal says, Touchwiz cannot be downloaded, it IS your stock OS (not just the launcher). Now, with TouchWiz, you have two options: to run in 'normal mode' or to run in 'easy mode' which makes things a bit easier to find but limits other functions to avoid confusion from less advanced users. You might also have been using other launchers (which Android lets you do). I'm not familiar with this phone but it seems, from the reply above, that it came preloaded with other launchers as well (find that very weird, but OK...).

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

If you could take a screenshot (without showing any confidential info) of your home screen then that may help everyone determine which launcher is active. From there, that could help to provide some clues and maybe confirm what Bilal and SpookDroid are suggesting.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

TouchWiz is the stock operating system, but there's several launchers that's preloaded on the note 4,Z Launcher, Google Now to name a few,go to settings, applications then default application, then click home to change your launcher, you mentioned you downloaded TouchWiz which is hard to understand because TouchWiz is the stock OS for Samsung products, but once you click home,then select TouchWiz home then your phone will be as it was before.

Do you mean the stock launcher? Android is the stock operating system. Lol :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Do you mean the stock launcher? Android is the stock operating system. Lol :)

Nope, not quite. TouchWiz IS the OS. It's Samsung's modified version of Android, not just the Launcher (which is why TouchWiz as a process is always running, even though you use a 3rd party launcher). People just have gotten to the habit of calling TW only the launcher part, but it is more than just the launcher.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

In settings scroll down to "easy mode" tick the option that is not presently ticked. That will restore your previous settings. 2015-06-17 04.51.14.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

In settings scroll down to "easy mode" tick the option that is not presently ticked. That will restore your previous settings. View attachment 182119

Thanks for the screenshot!
And just as an addition, that will only restore the previous settings IF that's the mode the OP was using originally. Maybe it's now on Easy Mode and wants to go back to Standard, or maybe it's a different launcher (again, quite odd, but apparently this phone shipped with a 3rd party launcher pre-installed?).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty