2nd damaged screen in 8 days gutted

Paul Ayres

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Last week my phone amoled got cracked not sure how but outer glass was still intact.it cost 160 pounds to fix at the Samsung service centre.now I dropped my note 4 with the new screen today and have a crack in the outer glass and a 4 inch deep scratch that you can see even when the screen is on and feel.looks like it may even be cracked.so gutted samsung charged me 160 for theamoled and the outer glass.but will they just replace the outer glass this time as I can't afford to spend another 160 pounds on a new amoled

Last edited:

MiniMendel

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
That's weird. In the first time your Note4 glass cracked. ..the outer glass still okay,right?
Did I miss understood?

Cos a few day ago , I read a post that an s6 glass crak without outside presume put on it.

The glass Crack because some Mal function of the phone

Paul Ayres

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Last week I noticed a crack on the amoled glass was fine.now dropping the phone today put 2 scratches or cracks in just the glass about 5 inches long 1mm wide.enough to see rainbow in the scratch or crack. I'm so gutted as I couldn't afford the 160 pounds to fix it last week Had to use cc.but this one I will have to live with I guess going to be difficult living another 18 months with a cracked glass .I have a feeling samsung won't replace the outer glass and will want to put in an entirely new screen and glass for 160 pounds that's just crazy if I pay that again I'll be in serious debt also

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Last week my phone amoled got cracked not sure how but outer glass was still intact.it cost 160 pounds to fix at the Samsung service centre.now I dropped my note 4 with the new screen today and have a crack in the outer glass and a 4 inch deep scratch that you can see even when the screen is on and feel.looks like it may even be cracked.so gutted samsung charged me 160 for theamoled and the outer glass.but will they just replace the outer glass this time as I can't afford to spend another 160 pounds on a new amoled

Have you contacted them to verify? I would suggest doing that before sending it in. Also, what about insurance? Do you have it? You can get a replacement for probably the same price slightly more. It'll be a refurbished device, but you'll know it'll be near perfect.

Paul Ayres

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Yes I phoned them they had no sympathy and said the outer glass it's part of the amoled so if I want to change the glass I have to pay for the entire unit 160 pounds. No insurance but I can't afford to replace the screen again that will be 300 pounds in 1 week to fix a screen.that's insane. That's like 650 dollors or something

Ott3rMan

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
If I get a brand new car, wreck it, get it fixed and wrecks it again, it is not the brand of car that is to blame. I understand you are gutted. I would be to, but that is life. Give it time, you will learn to live with the cracks. Be glad it is not a Sony. Had an z1 compact. Kid knocked it to the floor, one Tiiiiiny cracking arcing over the screen. Everything above and to the right of the cracks was unresponsive.

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

Paul Ayres

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Bro your right I'm going to live with the scratches they are deep as it was sliding on its new screen on rough concerete so I thought they were cracks.but i think they are deep scratches that removed the coating.they are only really notice if I use the phone in the sun.so I'll stick with my note 4 and put money towards a note 5.it's definitely not worth paying another 160 pounds to replace the entire amoled digitiser and glass for these 2 very deep scratches