Do I have a defective device?

ljrouse5

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I recently received a used Galaxy Note 4 for Verizon. Ive had this phone before and I love it until it repeatedly pressed the recent apps key on my device making it impossible to use. So I decided to buy a used one from Amazon/Gazelle. Right out the box I noticed issues. First and foremost, I cannot make calls. I type in the number, hit the call button and it doesnt respond until 2-3 minutes later. Even then I cannot hear any sound coming from the ear piece. Secondly, I cannot play any videos or music on my phone. Youtube says "There was a problem while playing, touch to retry" When I try playing video on the browser or instagram, it just crashes. I cannot record videos on my device either, it just says recording failed. My speakers do not work either. The only time I can play videos is on firefox beta browser, no clue why but thats the only way it will play videos. There are many other problems but the ones listed are my main concerns. I have factory reset at least 5 times and tried to wipe the cache to no avail. Very frustrating. Ive called samsung 3 times and got no where. I just want my media to play and be able to make calls. Anyone else have similar problems? What fixed it for you? Samsung Galaxy Note 4, model number SM-N910V, android 5.0.1. Any information helps, bless.

Last edited:

ljrouse5

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Technically, it was from Gazelle through Amazon. I might just go ahead and return it, cant find any fixes and probably shouldnt have bought it from them anyways.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I recently received a used Galaxy Note 4 for Verizon. Ive had this phone before and I love it until it repeatedly pressed the recent apps key on my device making it impossible to use. So I decided to buy a used one from Amazon/Gazelle. Right out the box I noticed issues. First and foremost, I cannot make calls. I type in the number, hit the call button and it doesnt respond until 2-3 minutes later. Even then I cannot hear any sound coming from the ear piece. Secondly, I cannot play any videos or music on my phone. Youtube says "There was a problem while playing, touch to retry" When I try playing video on the browser or instagram, it just crashes. I cannot record videos on my device either, it just says recording failed. My speakers do not work either. The only time I can play videos is on firefox beta browser, no clue why but thats the only way it will play videos. There are many other problems but the ones listed are my main concerns. I have factory reset at least 5 times and tried to wipe the cache to no avail. Very frustrating. Ive called samsung 3 times and got no where. I just want my media to play and be able to make calls. Anyone else have similar problems? What fixed it for you? Samsung Galaxy Note 4, model number SM-N910V, android 5.0.1. Any information helps, bless.

Return the item back asap

Your Friendly Neighbor Verizon Wireless Note 4 LTE 😎

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Technically, it was from Gazelle through Amazon. I might just go ahead and return it, cant find any fixes and probably shouldnt have bought it from them anyways.

All Amazon sellers are bound by the Amazon guarantee. The seller will have to take it back and if it is claimed defective refund your total purchase cost. If they don't then file an Amazon A to Z claim. Amazon sellers who do not play by Amazon's rules will get cut off at the knees. Amazon will withhold their payments until the problem is resolved which of course encourages them to make things right.

I've been an Amazon Pro Seller for five years selling used books and I know whereof I speak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress