S-Pen Icon is missing. I can't change any settings. How do I get it back?

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I've never seen an S-Pen icon, not sure why there would be one. The S-Notes widget allows you to choose to view or create notes.

44pirate

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
When I pull the pen out I don't get the ( on the side with choices to do with the S-pen. Maybe the note 4 didn't have this. Could it have been on the Note 7. I had to go back to my Note 4 since the N7 got recalled.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
When you go to Settings -SPen -Air Command, is it all greyed out?

I had that happen in an early Android 6.0.1 FW, had to do a format

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
When I pull the pen out I don't get the ( on the side with choices to do with the S-pen. Maybe the note 4 didn't have this. Could it have been on the Note 7. I had to go back to my Note 4 since the N7 got recalled.

You mean the Air Command menu doesn't pop up when you pull out the S Pen?

Settings/S Pen/Detatchment Options

Make sure Air Command is selected.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
You mean the Air Command menu doesn't pop up when you pull out the S Pen?

Settings/S Pen/Detatchment Options

Make sure Air Command is selected.

Mine is and no air command. I haven't had it for awhile. Maybe it was the most recent security update that fooked it up?

Sanch_ia

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Same issue. After the 6.0 update it happened then I think there was a patch that made it work. After the most recent security update, it stopped working and that's making life very difficult. How can I rectify this please?

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I did the cache partition wipe already. Would a Samsung employee at Best Buy be able to help or the FDR is my best bet?