Just migrated from LG V10 to GN4

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
My V10 got bricked for no apparent reason and like many at about 8-12 months, went into the dreaded infinite bootloop. The only repair is to send it in for surgery. I am so angry. I went without phone for a week of course at a crical time until I decided what I wanted and got one off Ebay. *sigh*

I wanted another 5.7" screen with 2560x1440 and a removable ZeroLemon battery is a must since 3000+ mAh is a joke on a phone with increased demand due to increased pixels of UHD screen. The 10,000 mAh ZeroLemon is on its way. The choices in that category are so few. I've had good luck with LG Optimus G Pro even if it's only HD.

Anyway, I am little underwhelmed, compared to V10, the screen is not that vibrant, V10 was more colorful, had more depth to it.. a kick-butt picture quality that jumped off the screen. GN4 is kind dull, even if just as sharp. It's Ok, just no "wow" effectg. Too bad V10 it's such a POS. I am sure V20 is also since it's basically the same device. And the glass on GN4 seems incredibly soft, both on the front panel and the rear camera. Cheap cheap cheap. Already scratched it in two places.

My hope is just too make it last a year until a viable phablet shows up, about 6" and with the ability to install aftermarket batteries. That's not very much to ask.

I suppose the only other good thing is I switched from ATT to Verizon and finally get much better reception everywhere. This is a Verizon Note 4.

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
If you're display is looking "dull" I'd suggest taking a look in your display settings, and checking the available display modes. Having it set to "basic" does indeed result in a dull color pallete while "AMOLED Cinema" gives everything a vibrant pop.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-02-06-02-56-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-02-06-02-56-44.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 28

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Good point. Thank you. It does make it more vibrant and improves PQ somewhat. So it's pretty close to LG V10 quality, maybe hard to tell apart.

It's not a bad phone all in all. I cannot wait for my ZeroLemon cell to come in. I've had really good luck with them with the last 5 phones. I love 2 days of runtime. ZL makes the largest cell ever for this device, a whopping 10K mAh.

Thank you !

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
My V10 got bricked for no apparent reason and like many at about 8-12 months, went into the dreaded infinite bootloop. The only repair is to send it in for surgery. I am so angry. I went without phone for a week of course at a crical time until I decided what I wanted and got one off Ebay. *sigh*

I wanted another 5.7" screen with 2560x1440 and a removable ZeroLemon battery is a must since 3000+ mAh is a joke on a phone with increased demand due to increased pixels of UHD screen. The 10,000 mAh ZeroLemon is on its way. The choices in that category are so few. I've had good luck with LG Optimus G Pro even if it's only HD.

Anyway, I am little underwhelmed, compared to V10, the screen is not that vibrant, V10 was more colorful, had more depth to it.. a kick-butt picture quality that jumped off the screen. GN4 is kind dull, even if just as sharp. It's Ok, just no "wow" effectg. Too bad V10 it's such a POS. I am sure V20 is also since it's basically the same device. And the glass on GN4 seems incredibly soft, both on the front panel and the rear camera. Cheap cheap cheap. Already scratched it in two places.

My hope is just too make it last a year until a viable phablet shows up, about 6" and with the ability to install aftermarket batteries. That's not very much to ask.

I suppose the only other good thing is I switched from ATT to Verizon and finally get much better reception everywhere. This is a Verizon Note 4.

So, basically you came here just to bash the Note 4 because your precious V10 crapped out on you.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I had a V10 as well and the Note 4 (I just got it last week) is better. Now the battery life on both is really subpar by todays standards, but over all I love the way the phone feels in hand (what's up with the movement to glass). Not to mention that the phone works with my GearS. Why do I have a GearS, because it like the coolest tech watch ever and I got it when I picked up the N7.