What I love so far.......!!!!!

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Loving this Note 5 - amazing!!!!!

The feel in my hand - what a form factor!

Screen - thinnest bezels ever - all I see is screen - what more can be said!

Speed - fastest phone I have ever used!

Double click - to the best camera on the market - I haven't missed a picture opportunity yet!

Wonderful battery - the joy of fast charging - can't wait for the fast charge wireless pads!

S - Pen - I love - I use it - it's better than ever!

I am going to have fun with this phone for a long long time!!!!!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Good to hear you're enjoying it.
Just out of curiosity, what phone did you have prior to the Note 5?

HI There!

I had the Note 4 - I was cautious to change without a removable battery - adjusting my charging habits and getting along just fine - what phone did you have?

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
HI There!

I had the Note 4 - I was cautious to change without a removable battery - adjusting my charging habits and getting along just fine - what phone did you have?

I'm using the Note 4. I've checked out the Note 5 in the stores and it is a great phone if you don't need the swappable batteries and no micro SD slot but I need these features on my phone so I am still on a Note 4.

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Those are big concerns. I thought about it long and hard - I moved up to a 64 GB and with better storage management (like deleting so many photos I really don't like or use) I hope I will be ok there

The battery swap was really (really) hard to give up - hopefully the fast charge in my car, the fast charge pads and external fast charge Samsung battery (really cool looking silver slender slab) gets me around the corner!!

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Those are big concerns. I thought about it long and hard - I moved up to a 64 GB and with better storage management (like deleting so many photos I really don't like or use) I hope I will be ok there

The battery swap was really (really) hard to give up - hopefully the fast charge in my car, the fast charge pads and external fast charge Samsung battery (really cool looking silver slender slab) gets me around the corner!!

Yes the 64GB model would help solve the sd card issue but the battery is the difficult one for me. I'll wait to see what the concensus is from people that upgraded from the note 3 & 4 in the next few weeks and decide myself. My next upgrade date is in 2 weeks so I have time to decide.

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the Note 4. I've checked out the Note 5 in the stores and it is a great phone if you don't need the swappable batteries and no micro SD slot but I need these features on my phone so I am still on a Note 4.
I really question how necessary they are anymore. I used the SD card in my note 3 but not because I had too.

I think it forces people to think of using safer and better means to store pics and vids.

Battery wise we can all find a brief few minutes to plug in even if it's to a small battery booster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I think the SD card was an "old school" thing for me and losing files on old computers and phones. But with 64GB and the cloud, I think I'm good.

I also got an external battery charger. A Morphie that suppose to last 2 charges and if not used, charged up to every 3 months. It's larger then others, but I decided it would be worth it. Although I never needed the replaceable battery in my S5.

I also love the Note 5 for the reason the OP posted and then some. I chose the Note over other phones for the Spen features.

Posted via the *Note 5*

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
We say, "We need SD card access and removable battery...", but, according to whom?

Manufacturers are moving away from SD and battery removal. Things are moving to the cloud and overall batteries are performing better. As consumers, we do need to adjust slightly to how we use devices. This is compulsory since manufacturers are changing things...

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Agreed - in my case, the "gotta" have that second battery is more my OCD than the actual need.....kind of.....

I am on call 24/7 365 - so the need - the responsibility - to never run out of juice is important. But I am finding by adjusting my charging habits and adding back an external battery (which in my case was the Samsung 5200 mah silver sleek fast charging unit - way overpriced but way cool looking) I am good to go.

This is the most amazing phone. For me, the phone most amazing combination of features ended up outweighing the loss of a replaceable battery and storage

Loving my Note 4!!!!!!!

Note4u

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
I went from a note 4 with a 128 gb sd to a 64gb note 5 and with an external fast 2.0 charger pack I get through the day with out worrying about running out of battery and I am a HEAVY user. This is by far the best phone I have ever had. I was worried but now I am not. I don't use the cloud and I am fine. I delete crap I don't need and I still have 22gb of space. I leave my movies on my tab pro and that is where the 128 chip is now. Great phone period.

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm loving the Note 5 as well. I originally owned each of the Notes, from the first OG to the Note 2, 3, 4, Edge and now the 5... Hands down it is the fastest most responsive Samsung phone to date. I had to give up having a swappable battery as I have had for the last 4 years, but the good thing about that is I didn't have to spend extra money to buy replacement batteries and battery chargers. In terms of memory, I opted for the 64GB, and so far I use about half of it, but I don't manage my memory too well... but as a replacement to the microSD card, I have that multi use Sandisk OTG flash drive (connections for both microUSB and regular USB) and it works wonders @ 64GB and only $18.95 from amazon (during a fire sale).

I use the screen off note writing all the time, best option they've had in a while!

I like the design direction, but the need of an IR blaster for me would've been ideal!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I think the SD card was an "old school" thing for me and losing files on old computers and phones. But with 64GB and the cloud, I think I'm good.

I also got an external battery charger. A Morphie that suppose to last 2 charges and if not used, charged up to every 3 months. It's larger then others, but I decided it would be worth it. Although I never needed the replaceable battery in my S5.

I also love the Note 5 for the reason the OP posted and then some. I chose the Note over other phones for the Spen features.

Posted via the *Note 5*

I'm glad people are starting to realize this!

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I use ultimate sync to move my pics from my phone to cloud storage. All my files are in the cloud so that I can access them on my home computer as well.

As far as the battery, I ordered a qi enabled external battery from amazon and I charge it up at night and then when my phone gets low I pull it out and sit my phone on top and it charges great.

I am looking at the qi enabled clock speaker etc on Google that looked really nice as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress