Note 5-Better Keyboard-Better Messaging App/Email App

JOHNGAETANO

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm giving Android another shot with the Note 5. Beautiful phone, but I need some advice please.

Maybe I am getting old, but the stock keyboard if tough for me to type on. I am making one error after another. Very inaccurate, and frustrating.

The stock messaging app seems clunky. It's Whatsapp still my best choice?

I am a heavy Exchange Email user. Is there a better email client/App than the stock one? Gmail is nice, but is there a way to get exchange to work in Gmail? I though Gmail changed this a year ago, but Exchange is not an option during set-up.

I appreciate all the help in advance.

JOHN

aic3285

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I would say try Fleksy keyboard and its very accurate and has some useful gestures to correct or add words to custom dictionary plus the delete option is quite good since its swipe from right to left. For email I feel stock app is quite good and rich in features but if you still want to try another one then try outlook app from Microsoft since its free and available on Google store.

Posted via the Android Central App

giftedmd

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm a big fan of the Google keyboard. Has all the features and is just very solid, reliable and intuitive to use.
If just need bare bones messaging then Google messenger is good. Textra, chomp SMS, or evolve SMS if you want a few more features.
To add an exchange account in gmail you need to first install exchange services. Here is the apk from the latest m preview http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/exchange-services/

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to suggest SwiftKey, I've tried several others and always end up back on Swiftkey.

As far as email goes, NineMail is the best I've found for my exchange mail. Many options for customization and the developer is very active with updates to add functionality and fixes.

I'm on Verizon so my default messaging app is Verizon's messages+. It is an amazing text app, very customizable and will also work on my tablet and pc. So, unless you're on Verizon I have no suggestions for texting. If you are on Verizon and not liking the app, I challenge you to spend some time learning the settings and give it a real chance.

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Textra sms app. It feels alot like ios messaging app but with lots of customizing and it also has the sent sound lol if that helps

GrungyNA

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Google Keyboard is my favorite, and I swipe almost 100% of the time. Once you get the hang of it it'll become natural.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm giving Android another shot with the Note 5. Beautiful phone, but I need some advice please.

Maybe I am getting old, but the stock keyboard if tough for me to type on. I am making one error after another. Very inaccurate, and frustrating.

The stock messaging app seems clunky. It's Whatsapp still my best choice?

I am a heavy Exchange Email user. Is there a better email client/App than the stock one? Gmail is nice, but is there a way to get exchange to work in Gmail? I though Gmail changed this a year ago, but Exchange is not an option during set-up.

I appreciate all the help in advance.

JOHN

SwiftKey for your alternative keyboard.

Textra for the SMS.

Follow this link to download the Exchange add-on for Gmail.

anon(9652351)

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Just my opinion of course but I have tried nearly EVERY keyboard, email, and texting app in existence:

The BEST are:

Google Keyboard
Textra for texting
Nine Folder Exchange Activesync Email (For my corporate email)
Type Mail (Formerly BlueMail, for my Gmail & iCloud email)
WPS Office
Papyrus & S-Note for S-Pen writing/drawing

For most everything else I use Google just because I believe it "plays nice" with Android devices...maybe I'm wrong in my thinking but they are:
Chrome
Google Photos
Youtube
Google Maps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress