Is there lag like on the note 4

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I've had the note 4 and note edge and both have began to lag bad after the first three weeks. I am a heavy heavy user but this lagging is ridiculous. ATTENTION ASK HEAVY USERS have you experienced any serious lag? If so how bad is it?

jtb79

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I just finished my 3rd week with my note 5. I'm a pretty heavy user, but do not play games on my phone, mainly a ton of phone calls, emails, and apps. So far I've had no noticeable lag like I had on the note 4. I'm by no means an expert, just my experience with the phone, but I do feel like TW is much better this time around.

Posted via the Android Central App

crf450r420

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
The phone is super fast and smooth as long as you leave the power saving off. Once I used it I couldn't stand the slower reaction with power save on. If it wasn't for all the things they took away from the phone it would be perfect, but for me I can't do what I need and have a bunch of hardware I can't use and I want to burn this phone.

Laserbutt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Not at all, I had the Note 4 and a Nexus 6 and the Note 5 performs with nexus like UI fluidity

Suggest using Nova Prime though

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
The faster processor and the 1gb more ram make the note 5 or s6e plus so much better than the note 4. I loved my note 4 till lollipop. The new Samsungs handle lollipop like a champ. It's a night and day difference. Plus if you're a real Power user you'll appreciate the faster on board storage the newer models have compared to the micro SD card storage the note 4 relies on...

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I get a little lag here and there going through some menus or the recent apps carousel, scrolling on a website, or scrolling through certain apps like Instagram. Not as smooth as I'd like. Might be app-related though in the latter situations.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Note 5 is way better.no serious lag like on the note 4

Sent from my Verizon iPhone 6s Plus

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Had the Note 5 since launch day. Micro-lag is starting to set in. Not nearly as bad as my Note 4, but after smooth sailing for a few weeks, it's now starting to have stutters here and there. Watching the 5X/6P release like a hawk. Not afraid to bail. A 128gig 6P Nexus would last me like 3 years...software support is so important nowadays and I am worried what the Note 5 will bring in 8 months (regarding stutters/lag).

It's better than any other Samsung device I've ever used, however. Just not a Nexus.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
My Note 4 got noticeably slower towards its end before I upgraded back in the August. Note 5 is much more solid and fluid. I hated the idea of no SD card storage and ranted about it on many sites but now I see how much faster internal storage is over that. Yet I upgrade every year so its not a big deal to me.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have only had the Note Edge for 3 weeks and the lag is ridiculous. I'm waiting to see what Google and Windows offer before I decide what to do

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I am very lucky as I had the Note 4 for a year and had no lag on it. I now have the Note 5 and again, no lag. Both phones have been very good in my experience. Lag is a relative term though. Some ppl think the millisecond it takes to open an app is lag or that it takes the fingerprint scanner a millisecond to open the phone is lag.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I am very lucky as I had the Note 4 for a year and had no lag on it. I now have the Note 5 and again, no lag. Both phones have been very good in my experience. Lag is a relative term though. Some ppl think the millisecond it takes to open an app is lag or that it takes the fingerprint scanner a millisecond to open the phone is lag.

I call counting to 5 for the picture to show up after to take it lag. Or 5 seconds when you touch the open apps button. Lag. Hitting a button twice because you didn't think it worked the first time is lag. Would you conduct yourself a heavy user?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I call counting to 5 for the picture to show up after to take it lag. Or 5 seconds when you touch the open apps button. Lag. Hitting a button twice because you didn't think it worked the first time is lag. Would you conduct yourself a heavy user?
I would yes. I was very fortunate not to have that on my Note 4. And the Note 5 is even smoother and faster. No lag whatsoever on it. I use TW over Nova as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87