why is my data so slow?

sx4dude2013

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So ever since I've had my note 5 its been super slow.

It's my sim from my iPhone 6. Any ideas?

Posted via my Samsung Note 5

Attachments

• 2533.jpg
    2533.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 58

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I would check your APN settings. Is there an issue going on with Verizon in your area?
Agreed. APN settings are not always the same for different devices. For example, when I changed from a Nexus 5 to a Nexus 6 I had to get new APN settings. The N5 setting worked, but I didn't get full-speed performance with the N6 until I updated the APN. Sometimes a new SIM helps too, especially if it's more than 2 years old or so.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Contact your service provider. They can either send the correct APN settings to your phone remotely or walk you through updating manually.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Is this an unlocked international Note 5, since I see 4G and not LTE. On AT&T 4G (is LTE) and HSDPA+ (is H+). Stop into your local AT&T store and check the APN settings associated with a Note 5 specifically and make the changes accordingly. The key thing is you did take your microSIM out of your current phone which is already provisioned for LTE and your account also is provisioned.

I found this out the hard way with my ZenFone 2 that is International and I needed to take a SIM out of a phone provisioned for LTE and do the APN settings to get full LTE speeds.

sx4dude2013

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This is a Verizon phone.
I changed my network setting from lte/CDMA back to global and this is the result.

Better but still not good.

I might try a new sim. BTW on the Verizon model I don't think I can edit APN settings. They are greyed out.

Attachments

• 2535.jpg
    2535.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 35

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
This is a Verizon phone.
I changed my network setting from lte/CDMA back to global and this is the result.

Better but still not good.

I might try a new sim. BTW on the Verizon model I don't think I can edit APN settings. They are greyed out.

Looks to me like its a Network thing. Have someone else with Verizon sit next to you at that same spot and run the same test.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty