Note 5 unresponsive, won't reboot either?

A

AC Question

So my relatively-new Note 5 (within the last month) just in the last 30 minutes or so won't wake up. I was using it before lunch no problems, and went to check it after lunch and now it doesn't work.

The notification LED is blinking, but neither the power nor home buttons wake it up.

I've tried the volumedown-home button combination for soft reset, as well as the home-power-volumeup button combination to wipe the cache partition, and neither do anything. And yes, I held them several seconds longer than what's recommended, just in case. Tried holding down power, nothing. Power and home, nothing. Whatever I could read up on, and whatever I could think of, basically.

Wasn't doing anything special before it bricked, just the usual sites (nothing potentially-virus-y, ha) and texting. Battery was around 25% when I last saw it.

Any thoughts??

Thanks! Really appreciate any help.

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an answer but I just had the exact same thing happen. Left the room, came back and my Note 5 is vibrating intermittently. I can't shut it off, I can't restart it. I can get to the power/vol down menu but I can't select or do anything. The display is all pixellated too. Literally it was sitting on my desk when this happened. Still searching for ideas...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana