How much could sell for?

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Got a mint condition Note 5 for Verizon, I've kept in case and glass screen protector on since day 1. Thinking about selling it and going another route. Verizon store guy said I could see on open market for more than they could give which was $165. That was max they give for best condition.

#1 , where should i sell? eBay? Or is there somewhere else...

#2 , how much is it worth?

Thanks

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Personally I recommend using Swappa. They verify the ESN before selling, so from a buyers perspective, it's a very safe route to go. You can also see what other devices in the same class/condition are going for. It certainly will be more than your carrier will offer (they always go way below open market!)

Sites like e-bay and craigslist can net you more, but there is a higher chance of fraud. So the safest options will net you less, but the less safe options for selling your phone may get you much more.

A quick check of Swappa shows that "good" condition models are selling for around $325. (not bad for a low risk sale)

Last edited:

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Trading one of my N5 for an s8 and Verizon is offering 360$ if on the unlimited plan. I think it's a pretty good deal.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi! With how popular the Note 5 was - both before and after the Note 7 incident - I feel like you could get way more than what your rep said. As another user stated, see if $350 gets you any bites. Or, start the bidding at $400 and take the best offer. You may not get the full $400, but you might get something close, like $370. You never know! I'm sure there are people out there who would really want to get their hands on a Note 5, who are not willing to upgrade to the latest and greatest. Good luck!

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi! With how popular the Note 5 was - both before and after the Note 7 incident - I feel like you could get way more than what your rep said. As another user stated, see if $350 gets you any bites. Or, start the bidding at $400 and take the best offer. You may not get the full $400, but you might get something close, like $370. You never know! I'm sure there are people out there who would really want to get their hands on a Note 5, who are not willing to upgrade to the latest and greatest. Good luck!
Well I started at $400, someone almost bought it at that much and then they backed out at the last second. So it maybe possible​ to sell it for $400 you just have to keep trying.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Well I started at $400, someone almost bought it at that much and then they backed out at the last second. So it maybe possible​ to sell it for $400 you just have to keep trying.

For sure! People really love the Note 5 - the right person will certainly put up $400 for it!

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I think $350- $400 would be a good price... assuming the phone's battery is not degraded to the point where a new one would have to be installed by buyer.

This costs $70.00 locally through a third party shop or having to send it to Sammy for the same amount, plus ten days plus downtime.

Good luck on the sale.

anon(10206632)

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Trading one of my N5 for an s8 and Verizon is offering 360$ if on the unlimited plan. I think it's a pretty good deal.
If coming from Note 5, I would go with S8 Plus. I just got back from bestbuy. Just held both and man they are amazing phones. I want one but I MUST wait for Note 8.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
If coming from Note 5, I would go with S8 Plus. I just got back from bestbuy. Just held both and man they are amazing phones. I want one but I MUST wait for Note 8.

The S8 is for my son. I traded in a S7 edge and got the S8+ for myself. I most certainly will be getting a N8 also when that comes out. I like to upgrade every 6 months between the S and Note model. The N7 disaster ruined that schedule last year...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95