Nougat problem

billyhousemover

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Any one having problems with split screen? Since the update when I start navigation it's fine but when I add poweramp to the split screen they both freeze. When I tap on each half they will catch up and then freeze again.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
A lot of issues that come with the updates can be fixed by rebooting your phone. If that doesn't do it, then clearing the app and system caches can do the trick.

To clear the app cache, open SETTINGS and find your device storage. It's in DEVICE MAINTENANCE if you're using the simplified menu. Tap STORAGE, then CACHED DATA (after it stops calculating). Hit CLEAR. Restart your phone.

If that doesn't take care of your issue, then look at clearing the system cache. You must start with the phone turned off. Be careful with this procedure. It's not complicated, but you can easily wipe your phone if you make a mistake.

1. With the phone powered down, press and hold the VOLUME UP key and the HOME key, then press and hold the POWER key. This is a two-hand task.
2. You'll see a light blue screen with the Android logo. Release the keys. You'll see INSTALLING SYSTEM UPDATE for less than a minute. Don't worry about the little dead Android guy. The Android recovery options menu will be in blue.

PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU ARE DOING HERE. This is where it's possible to wipe your phone.

3. Press the VOLUME DOWN key several times to highlight WIPE CACHE PARTITION.
4. Press the POWER key to select.
5. Press the VOLUME DOWN / UP key several times key to select YES.
6. Press the POWER key to select.
7. When the wipe cache partition is complete (30-60 seconds), REBOOT SYSTEM NOW is highlighted.
8. Press the POWER key to restart the device.

Last edited:

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It sounds to me like it's an app conflicting with the display driver. Does the phone freeze with the split screen when you use an app combination that does not include PowerAmp?

billyhousemover

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
The problem is the app has actually got to be moving in some way and the choices are few. I did uninstall and reinstall poweramp and all that did was cause me to spend several hours adding my playlist back.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Hmm.

1. I'd look for the function to backup or export my playlist.
2. You say the app has to be moving. Moving how? Like an animation has to be running? Status bar or track position for example?
3. Does it happen with another media app? Maybe BlackPlayer, Google Music, or a streaming app like YouTube, Pandora or Spotify?

billyhousemover

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
When you use utube or other music apps only one can run at a time. Next time I'm in the car I'll try utube with GPS and see if it makes both stop. May be a few days but thanks for the help.

billyhousemover

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
When I have maps up then add poweramp to the split screen a pop up says poweramp may cause issues in split screen mode. So then I tried the music app that comes on the note 5 and the pop up didn't come up but the same issue happened.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95