A keyboard that still has numbers on top?

jlhigh02

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Last night my Samsung Note 5 did an update and now my number keys on my keyboard are considered alternative characters. There is no way to go back and I absolutely hate this. I use number keys as much as letters and do not want the extra step to get to my numbers. It is a real pain when entering passwords and all you see are the dots so you have no idea what you actually entered. Does anyone know of a basic keyboard that is as close to the Samsung keyboard with the numbers permantently on top? I am so used to my old keyboard a d this us a pain.
Thank you in advance.
Janene

Last edited:

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Last night my Samsung Note 5 did an update and now my number keys on my keyboard are considered alternative characters. There is no way to go back and I absolutely hate this. I use number keys as much as letters and do not want the extra step to get to my numbers. It is a real pain when entering passwords and all you see are the dots so you have no idea what you actually entered. Does anyone know of a basic keyboard that is as close to the Samsung keyboard with the numbers permantently on top? I am so used to my old keyboard a d this us a pain.
Thank you in advance.
Janene

Go to Key b setting :SmartSelectImage_2017-05-26-20-15-39.png

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Gboard
019ae9f4acdd986e5a9f35b13753f614.jpg

sayefhussain1

May 27, 2017
Visit site
Swift keyboard is very good, ai.type keyboard is another good keyboard. In fact it has many useful features, like arrow keys, numpad, copy/paste, del key etc.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
SwiftKey. Plus I have direction arrows on the bottom.

The arrow keys are what stop me from throwing any of my touch screen phones across the room! I usually "type"/swype with my S-Pen to be more precise (and because I HATE touch screens for typing), but sometimes to just go back a character or two is still a pain in the arse. Or up/down a line or two to insert something. LOVE the arrow keys. I definitely recommend SwiftKey. Plus the customizations are fun :)