Will the Note 7 last you two years?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
With the Note 7 having the Iris scanner, water resistant, and SD card slot it's likely the Note 8 won't be a huge upgrade over the Note 7 like the Note 7 is compared to the Note 5. In addition with the hefty price tag, will you all be considering keeping this phone for 2 years?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Probably not a chance it will last me 2 years. It's possible it may not last 2 months. I might just get the phone, submit and receive the free 256gb card, then Jump to something else. Maybe I'll like it enough to last me into next year.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It certainly could make it 2 years. I upgrade frequently so I would definitely upgrade before then.

wonderbread

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
I got two years in between upgrades. This is a fantastic tempting phone but unfortunately it's not using next gen hardware with its snap 820. At least an 821 would have been nice with 6gb ram. I might pull the trigger if I fall in love with it in person but right now I'm leaning towards holding out for the nest generation with upgraded Google Daydream VR specs.

Posted via the Android Central App

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Note 4 still rocks, but has replaceable battery.... There IS a reason the industry went to sealed batteries and it is not in the better interests of consumers. They want consumers retiring their devices in two years. The Note 4 is still great, so would expect the Note 7 with replaceable battery to last even longer. Alas it has a sealed battery though.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Note 4 still rocks, but has replaceable battery.... There IS a reason the industry went to sealed batteries and it is not in the better interests of consumers. They want consumers retiring their devices in two years. The Note 4 is still great, so would expect the Note 7 with replaceable battery to last even longer. Alas it has a sealed battery though.
So how long do you estimate note 7 battery will last?

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
My Note 4 lasted just fine for two years, despite a few software hiccups that were correctable. It will definitely last you two years unless a catastrophic hardware or software failure happens, or you damage your phone.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I was asking myself this question today, and telling my boyfriend the very same thing, "I think this would be the LAST note for me as I would have everything I've wanted out of it that I didn't get with the Note 5."

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Most flagship phones out nowadays will last people 2 years.. that is one of the fall backs for the phone makers, we are hitting a stagnate area where tech jump isnt as big each year as it used to be.

Now the question really is, will the note7 satisfy you for two years, or do you need the latest phone each year?

That to me is a more realistic question.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87